Author Topic: 2020 Flu Vaccination  (Read 2531 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 2020 Flu Vaccination
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 22 November 20 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Haven't bothered .... He has the 'Flu shot, I've never bothered. He'll probably do that.
TY
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Online Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 22 November 20 21:38 GMT (UK) »
We’ve both had flu jabs regularly over the past few years...
I have a smart phone and OH always gives my number when asked for one!
Our surgery has been very proactive, although this year I did phone them to ask and we were booked in straight away...
OH had shingles jab this year too as just turned 70... he did actually contract shingles just before Christmas one year but luckily all family had had chicken pox so we were able to get together.
Our surgery always phone our landline first and if no reply they’ll try my mobile so we don’t miss any communications.

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 23 November 20 01:52 GMT (UK) »
Had my Flu Jab at Target a Grocery/Department Store. USA. The Pharmacists (Chemists)  are trained to perform vaccinations. Gave me a $5.00 off coupon to spend in the Store. Vaccination free. Quite pleased with myself. Cat is sleeping under the covers. He seems happy that his human Daddy is spending more time with him. 

Offline Bee

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 23 November 20 23:58 GMT (UK) »
We received a letter from NHS reminding us to have a flu jab so rang our health centre and are booked to have one on Thursday, it'll be the first one I've had.
Dinsdale, Ellis, Gee, Goldsmith,Green,Hawks,Holmes,  Lacey, Longhorn, Pickersgill, Quantrill,Tuthill, Tuttle & Walker,  in E & W Yorks, Lincs, Norfolk & Suffolk. Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 24 November 20 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Pleased to hear you'll be having it Bee, the more people the better.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 24 November 20 15:15 GMT (UK) »
  I have had the flu jab every year since about 2003. I paid for it privately in those days, as I was working in a public facing job, and had my 90 year old mother living with me. I enquired at my doctor's surgery about it, but their private clinic was at an inconvenient time and place, so I had it done at the local private hospital - cheaper than the doctor!
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 26 November 20 12:33 GMT (UK) »
I also received the NHS letter reminding me to have a flu jab , which annoyed me, as I had had my  jab at my GP's surgery at the beginning of October.   What annoyed me even more was that there was an extra sheet of paper lecturing me on the waste and expense of paper communications and asking me to download an app instead -  can't do that as I have an old oyster phone which doesn't go in for that kind of fancy stuff.  There was no alternative offered to the app, so they will just have to continue to write to me on paper and pay the postage.  The letter also threatened to phone me if I didn't get the jab - even more expense for them.   >:(
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 26 November 20 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Had mine on Tuesday.
Received a letter from Scottish health dept. in October and later an invitation from my GP . Followed instructions in letter to phone surgery and select option 1 for appointments.
My appointment was for just before midday. I sat on the lone chair outside the room for 20+ minutes. No one came out of the room. Then the receptionist, passing on a corridor noticed me and asked me to return to reception. She told me the nurse had left the building and gave me another appointment for late afternoon.
I've come to the conclusion that the GP practice computerised appointment system has a glitch when it comes to my flu jabs. When I arrived for last year's vaccination my appointment was missing and I had to wait until it appeared. Computer says "No".
I stayed inside yesterday and did very little. Same today so far. (Not that I do much most days.) I felt slightly unwell for a short time on the day after last year's jab.  My arm is a bit sore and itched last night.
That's my good arm. I stocked up my food cupboard from the little shop nearest me on Monday and bought fresh food from a shop near the surgery. 
Last year's flu vaccination was my first and was arranged urgently by the GP as I had an operation booked.  My priority for the weeks between flu jab and hospital admission was to avoid catching anything so I "social distanced" as much as possible.   

Cowban

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 26 November 20 15:02 GMT (UK) »
   Gillg - Does your phone do text messages? I get texts from the doctor, no need for internet connection which I don't have, so half way to the modern world!
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire