Author Topic: Ann Hughes, wife of Griffith Parry, mother to Ann Griffith Parry b 1806 Holyhead  (Read 592 times)

Offline Moragdon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi, I’m trying to get back along Ann Griffith Parry’s mothers line, it’s difficult and I’d love some help.
Ann Griffith Parry’s mother was Ann Hughes, she married Griffith Parry 24/4/1805 Holyhead. On a record I saw that Ann Hughes was born in/was from Gwalchmai, Anglesey, potentially around 1780-85. This is as far as I’ve got for certain.  I cannot find any likely parents and an Ann Hughes in Caernarfonshire is like looking for a needle in a haystack! She died in 1806, shortly after giving birth to her first child.

Ann and Griffith Parry’s daughter Ann Griffith Parry married a Dynan man and lines continue from there. Incase further info helps, after being Widowed, Griffith Parry married Catherine Lewis a year or two later and they had many children who’s ongoing family surnames include Parry, Griffith, Humphreys and Howe.

The numerous Ann Hughes and the Patronymic naming systems adds to my difficulty...any help with Ann Hughes of Gwalchmai parents would be fabulous. Thank you.

Dynan, McNamara, with potentially O’Dea, Casey, Mahoney, O’Neill and other historic Irish, likely Co Clare surname connections.