Author Topic: Diary - Sunday 22nd November  (Read 476 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Diary - Sunday 22nd November
« on: Monday 23 November 20 00:06 GMT (UK) »
Well today was a bright and sunny day... when I pulled up the blinds it looked like had been a very light frost....
Amended my Waitrose order for the last time and looked again for a slot nearer to Christmas week... the latest I could find was Saturday 19th so I booked that one..
As it’s Sunday today I read the papers after breakfast... not much in them really...read an article in the  magazine about Dolly Parton at 75 she’s still going strong unbelievable woman.. the next article was about a Danish chap who owns a fashion brand but has bought up huge areas of Scotland with the intention of rewilding the areas... other than those nothing else of note... the main paper I’ve almost given up reading as I don’t believe most of what they write and too much news isn’t good for ones nerves so I just skim read...
Finally went to get dressed and continued making cards...
OH made lunch and as it was such a lovely afternoon we decided to go for a walk...it was quite bracing and I definitely needed my gloves...
We met quite a few people on our rounds doing just what we were doing and it was pleasant to chat to them .... no sign if any dogs so I think they’ve got the message!
On our return had a cuppa and went to do some more cards as I’d decided this would be my last day for the moment...I’ve managed to do about 90 so not too many left to do and special ones for the family...
Prepared dinner  loin of pork, roast pots and parsnips, make my own sage and onion stuffing, carrots, leeks, beans and cauliflower...
Took a tip from Viktoria and for last 15 mins I sliced of the skin lay it on the top if the meat, turn up the heat and result was lovely crackling...
Watched some tv... read whilst OH watched end of snooker ...
Tired today as I’d woken early too.
Hope others days have been pleasant... as they can be at the moment... another week coming and we’ll find out what scheme they’ve come up with to appease people with for Christmas.... if we have to stay at home to be safe for everyone then that’s what we’ll be doing!
Thoughts with Carol... Annette too with her neutered to worry about...
Night all
Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Re: Diary - Sunday 22nd November
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 November 20 00:23 GMT (UK) »
Caroline, such a relief that the dogs are out of the way and you can relax and enjoy your walk. What a lot of cards you've made and no doubt now that you've finished those you'll be turning out lots of sewing again.

Not a lot to report for me:

Forgot to put my phone on silent last night, was woken at 7am by a text message telling me when my parcel would be delivered. Shouldn't be allowed.  >:(

A sunny day today, out for a walk late morning, a bit colder than yesterday but lovely to walk in the sunshine. Spent a large part of the afternoon trying to sort out the cupboard where I had to go hunting for picture mounts yesterday. There's no less of the contents but at least I now have a vague idea of where things are.

Had a call from a friend, we had a good chat, nice to know that she's well. She must read the same newspaper as you Caroline, she mentioned that she'd read something about Dolly Parton. I think Dolly is great, I always think of her comment "It costs a lot of money to look this cheap "!  :D

Not really sure what I did for the rest of the day but it passed. Got some very sad news from a friend later in the evening, her mother died recently. Such a difficult thing to deal with at any time, I really feel for her.

Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 23 November 20 09:27 GMT (UK) »
Great news about the dogs Caroline.... has the fence been mended? If not that needs attention before the problem escalates again.
90 Christmas cards made!!  :o You are truly amazing, and put me to shame.
Well done Roobarb, and nice tidy cupboard.  Do you find yourself going there simply to admire your organisational skills? I know I would. 
It is very hard when friends have trying times to cope with, and one can't think of anything helpful to say.  :'(
It was hugely grey and damp all day yesterday, but a stroll round the beautiful grounds at Cockington Court and village helped to lift the spirits a little. We spotted a jay, and the robins are in full voice just now, claiming territories I suppose.
Walked into town later, to post a birthday card. 3 cruise ships in the Bay. Their lights were on as it was almost dusk, but it was so misty I could only just see them.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 November 20 14:32 GMT (UK) »
Lovely sunny day but chilly with it!   

Since the likelihood is that the twins will be born this week (gulp) I contacted my niece and arranged to drop off the preemie items I'd knitted so far - 8 jackets, 8 hats.   Just chatted at the door for a few minutes but it was so cold.  Esmae (10) was playing in her bedroom but came downstairs when she knew I was there.  Almost threw herself towards to give me a hug when she remembered just in time.  Bless her!  Last time I'd seen her was in August at the 'reveal' do which seems so long ago now. My niece looked very tired and anxious and who can blame her?  Another scan today which should determine the outcome of what happens next.

Seemed strange being out in the car again but roads quite busy.  Did just a little knitting, watched some Midsummer Murders and then some Christmas movies (although not feeling particularly festive at the moment).  Having completed a jigsaw that morning I started another during the evening.   Have arranged a date/time to go to the recycling centre again later this week so must sort out what I want to get rid of and get it bagged up.  One place I am allowed to go to - what fun!!!!  The hospice depot where I take my books and jigsaws is closed again so they will have to wait until open again.

Viktoria - you are so laid back, if the flood had happened to me I'd have gone into serious panic mode.  I do so admire you.

Stay safe.

Annette   
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 23 November 20 17:09 GMT (UK) »
MH, I've held myself back from admiring the cupboard.  ;D Hope you've had some brighter weather today and a good view of the ships.

Annette, hope today's scan has gone well for your niece, it must all be nerve wracking for her.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 23 November 20 23:45 GMT (UK) »
Roobarb- nothing worse than your phone waking you at a ridiculous hour... I’ve now got mine automatically set to go silent at 10pm - 7am.... not that that would have helped you in this instance 😩
Sorry to hear about your friends Mum... doubly hard when you’re not able to give her support other than by phone...

MH - yes they are dealing with the fence so hopefully the dogs will now remain in their own garden! Hope your weather has been better today.

Annette - it must be a difficult time for you niece and all the family... hopefully all will be well and perhaps once the babies are born that pressure will be a lot less.
I’m sure I speak for others too that were all thinking about you all..
Take care and stay positive...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK