Author Topic: Looking For Granny May From Neath or Aberdare 1910-1960  (Read 547 times)

Offline ancestors2021

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Looking For Granny May From Neath or Aberdare 1910-1960
« on: Tuesday 24 November 20 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Again ,

im so hoping for some help , ive searched so many sites for my great grandmother , ive recieved her marriage certificate , which says "Kathleen Jones" and she married my great grandfather "noah price" in llanelly in 1924
But On The Grave And Also On The 1939 census it says "catherine ann"
plus my great auntie told me that she went to live with a lady whom everyone referred to as "granny may" who had 17 children and she took my great grandmother in ,

my mother remembers going to neath or aberdare with my grandmother to visit "granny may" which would have been 1950,s

all i know is on the marriage certificate it says my great grandmother father was "david jones" from aberdare and was a coal miner ,

my greatmother catherine or kathleen was born 10th june 1905 in neath
but after she married she lived in llanelly ,

ive found a few matching david jones but there are 2 or 3 different ones and one of them has her middle name as "emily" but it was ann
and the other one says she had quite a few siblings so why was she brought up by granny may

im worried that ill print out my family tree and have details all wrong so if anyone knows of the
"Jones" living in aberdare around 1905-1920 and has heard of a "Granny May" who had 17 children id be VERY grateful

thanks

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Looking For Granny May From Neath or Aberdare 1910-1960
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 November 20 17:10 GMT (UK) »
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk