Author Topic: Ernest Frank Hill death.  (Read 221 times)

Offline damelia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ernest Frank Hill death.
« on: Wednesday 25 November 20 08:08 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for information on the death of Ernest Frank Hill who was born on 7th December, 1906 Westbury, Somerset.  Baptism date 2nd January, 1910.  Ernest married on 24th May, 1926 Horfield, Bristol to Annie Whittaker also known as Nancy.  Ernest and Annie immigrated to Western Australia with their young daughter Pearl departing London on 27th November, 1928, arriving in Fremantle, Western Australia 28th December, 1928.

Annie (Nancy) passed away on 2nd October, 1932 in Perth.  Their daughter was later adopted as Ernest could no longer look after her and continue to work. There is no death certificate for Ernest in Australia, I can't find any travel information of him returning to England.  He has in effect disappeared.  The information available that Ernest died in 1940 and was buried in Karrcatta in Perth in incorrect.  It's a plaque placed in memorandum with an assumed death date.

I'm doing this research on behalf of my SIL whose mother was Pearl.  I would appreciate any help.  This may the wrong forum to be asking, my apologies if this is the case.

Thank you,
Anne

Offline Brentor boy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest Frank Hill death.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 November 20 09:19 GMT (UK) »
From Family Search.
Ernest Frank Hill. Born 7 December 1904. Died 3 June 1940. Karrakatta, Western Australia.
It would seem that the person who registered his death knew his birthday but not his exact age.

PS An entry on "My Heritage" states that Nancy is buried in the same cemetery.

Offline damelia

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest Frank Hill death.
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 November 20 10:08 GMT (UK) »
Ernest Frank Hill does not have a death certificate in Australia that we can find. His daughter Pearl who was adopted placed the plaque at the Karrakatta cemetery for Ernest with an assumed death date.  Nancy is buried at Karrakatta cemetery