Author Topic: Place of birth in Tipperary  (Read 961 times)

Online dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
Re: Place of birth in Tipperary
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 01 December 20 16:59 GMT (UK) »
Here is their website. they are in Dublin.
https://www.ireland.anglican.org/about/rcb-library

They are shut because of covid but will take enquiries.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344

Offline Essnell

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 01 December 20 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dublin1850

I realised what RCB meant and chased that up. After looking at the 2020 lists I was hopeful,  so I sent a general enquiry.
I received a response yesterday which dashed all that as the only bit that had the right time was a vestry book and it turns out that those contain minutes etc from the committee that meets in the Vestry to discuss the functioning of the Church and make decisions. Nothing on Family History type of information.

One just has to keep asking I suppose.   I am a little wiser but I didn't find what I was hoping for. 
Thanks for trying to assist it is much appreciated.
Kind regards
 Essnell

Online dublin1850

• RootsChat Veteran
  • A great lover of Dublin history
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 02 December 20 01:02 GMT (UK) »
PM me the names/dates you are looking at and I will have a trawl through newspapers. Things get mentioned in the oddest of places.
Coffey, Cummins [Rathfalla, Tipperary], Cummins [Skirke, Laois], Curran, Dillon [Clare], Fogarty [Garran, Laois/Tipp], Hughes, Keshan (Keeshan), Loughman [Harristown and Killadooley, Laois], Mallon [Armagh], Malone, Markham [Caherkine, Clare], McKeon(e) [Sligo/Kilkenny/Waterford], McNamara, Meagher, Prescott [Kilkenny/Waterford/Wexford?], Rafferty, Ryan, Sullivan, Tobin
GEDMatch: T665306 tested with Family Tree DNA and also with ancestry
GEDCOM file: 1980344