Author Topic: Please help! My camera has 'the blues'!  (Read 445 times)

Offline Musicman

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Please help! My camera has 'the blues'!
« on: Saturday 28 November 20 21:30 GMT (UK) »
I’ve accidentally touched something on my camera (Lumix TZ100) that I shouldn’t have!  The result is . . . on screen: overall blue cast, which, of course, causes any photos to have “the blues”!  I did something like this some years ago (repeat offender!) years ago, and had to go to the place of purchase in Norwich.  I believe then,  it had something to do with a setting for ‘artificial light’ e.g. tungsten, fluorescent, etc. Have looked through my book’s index for this camera but didn’t spot anything.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Please help! My camera has 'the blues'!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 November 20 21:33 GMT (UK) »
Can you find the White Balance settings?  You need to set it to auto or daylight.  It looks like you've accidentally turned on tungsten/artificial light.

Add - a bit about it

https://www.exposureguide.com/white-balance/
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 November 20 21:38 GMT (UK) »
From what you say about your previous hiccup, is it something to do with automatic white balance (AWB)

https://www.digital-photo-secrets.com/tip/626/photos-too-blue-your-white-balance-might-be-to-blame/

For your camera this setting appears to be on the right button of the  cursor button on the back of the camera.  Check your manual page 20 for its location, page 134 for adjustments.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

guest189040

« Reply #3 on: Sunday 29 November 20 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Definitely a White Balance issue.

Look in the Quick Menu.

Offline Musicman

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 03 December 20 10:15 GMT (UK) »
My apologies for not replying sooner - have spent a few days of being unwell - fortunately nothing to do with the current situation!  :)

Thank you so much for the replies - appreciated!  I'm taking a look at the links provided - hopefully to learn a bit more.  Have located the 'white balance' on the cursor button and will adjust setting when I know a bit more! 

It's nice to know you're there when needed!

John