Author Topic: Advice required please with 1934 Will  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Advice required please with 1934 Will
« on: Monday 30 November 20 19:25 GMT (UK) »
I have been trying to locate a death date and burial for my Great Grandfather John Hall for quite some time but unfortunately without success so far.

I have just obtained the Will for his second wife Sarah E Hall who passed away in 1934. It was quite a while ago but with the kind help of some of the forumers I did locate a burial for her at Belgrave cemetery but there was no mention of her husband John.

The Will says let it be known, followed by her address at the time, then in brackets wife of John Hall. My query is, Does this mean John Hall was still alive at the time?

There was no mention of him in the Will, so if he was alive this narrows the options available to me in a death search. If he was not alive at the time would the Will say something like wife of the Late John Hall?

Hope the query makes sense.

Many thanks in anticipation

Steve ;)

Banbury and Hall families from Leicester 1850 to 1950.

Parfery or Parfrey family from Norfolk or Cambs 1800 to 1900.

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Advice required please with 1934 Will
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 November 20 19:29 GMT (UK) »
Sounds to me like he was still alive. Have you tried searching for him in 1937 register?

Or can you try electoral registers for the time? Leciestershire library would probably have these - maybe contact them to do a search for you.

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 30 November 20 19:32 GMT (UK) »
sorry 1939 register.

when was he born?

Diddy
Cooks -(Clackmannanshire); Erskines - (fife); Youngs - (Dunfermline); Charltons - (Tyneside ); Skillings - (N.Norfolk); Legg - (N.Yorks, Tyneside) ; Carter - (Durham); Miller -(suffolk); Pattinson -(Lincs)

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 November 20 19:45 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Diddy,

Many thanks for your replies, I do hope you are keeping well  :)

I have checked the 1939 Register but unfortunately none of the John Hall`s who are listed are names or addresses that I recognise which makes me think he passed away prior to 1939.

With this in mind I did manage to find one more candidate and that was John Hall aged 72 who died March quarter of 1935 listed as 7a 202 in Barrow Upon Soar. The reason I mention this is because I do recall some of my Hall ancestors originated from Barrow Upon Soar.

BTW my John Hall was born 1862.

Many thanks
Steve  ;)

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 30 November 20 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Had you ruled out this June quarter 1935 one?

Hall    John    73    Leicester    7a   206

Offline Steve C

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 30 November 20 20:07 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much Mckha489 for your reply.

Tried that one and ruled him out. Please see this thread https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=840027.msg7061043#msg7061043

Steve  ;)

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 30 November 20 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Steve, I'm doing really well thanks after a late June Kidney transplant. raring to go... and cant  ;D

what was sarahs address at death please?

Diddy

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 30 November 20 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi, you can possibly dismiss the 1935 one - the Barrow on Soar registers online has:

Blank Hall 18/3/1935 no age still born child of Archilbald & Marie Hall  no Johns for 1935

if you were considering Barrow there is a:

John Hall died 31/12/1929 age 67 (1862) Framework Knitter  grave B190

Diddy

Offline diddymiller

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 30 November 20 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Steve, just looked at your old post and you already have that one. However not the fact he was buried in Barrow...

if i could get out I would take a pic of the grave but I am classed as extremely vulnarable - hardly been out since feb. very boring - thats why a love a puzzle.  :D

Diddy