Author Topic: Francis McGaverin  (Read 2071 times)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Francis McGaverin
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 06 December 20 04:07 GMT (UK) »
Afternoon Neale1961. thanks for your help, I was informed about Mathew McElroy working as a Cooper by other researchers a long time ago, when I had help from various ancestors. I have just received a message from the Australian History Research regarding Francis McGouran apparently he and Sarah had a daughter named Sarah she was only 7 days old died on the 15/12/1820 and buried 16/12/1820 Windsor Parramatta NSW. In September 1822 Francis McGouran was employed in the Lunatic Asylum she may help me again. Thanks for your help once again, I will search for the child of Francis and Sarah. :-[

Janet :-[

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 06 December 20 05:50 GMT (UK) »
In September 1822 Francis McGouran was employed in the Lunatic Asylum

Mmmmmm???!!!
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 31 January 21 23:54 GMT (UK) »
Good morning Neale1961 I am sorry about the mistake about Francis McGauran having to work at the Lunatic Asylum I found another Francis McGouran who came out to Australia in September 1822 employed to the Lunatic Asylum, the way the Surname varies is putting me off. :'( I finally found Francis McGowran listed with a David Bell and Annseley McGrath on a Web page as being hanged on the 18/8/1820 David was buried 20/8/1820 aged 46 at St. Peter CE Richmond New South Wales, website BDA New South Wales. Its amazing I am finding other ancestors that are not connected to my search, I will have another look as Francis first name changes to Thomas in some entries. :-[ I also searched in the Sydney Gazette on the 26/8/1820 and found another convict Dennis Molloy and Francis's Auction of cattle sold, Dennis was also hanged on the 18/8/1820. I have looked through 50 pages from the New South Wales Records that were sent to me by post, nothing much about Francis, but a lot on David Bell, and Annseley McGrath. I am worn out at the moment. :-[
Regards,
Janet :-[