Author Topic: Adulam, Felinfoel MIs  (Read 150 times)

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Adulam, Felinfoel MIs
« on: Thursday 03 December 20 07:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello

The occasional post has indicated that there exists records of Adulam, Felinfoel Memorial Inscriptions, possibly on CD or maybe even on microfilm. I am hoping someone can either direct me to where I can buy a copy or alternatively if you have a copy of your own and would be prepared to make me a copy I am happy to pay for it. If the later, please P.M. me.

Kind regards

Roy

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Adulam, Felinfoel MIs
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 December 20 11:38 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked UK Genealogy online?
S. Wales, Somerset, Devon - Oxenham

Aberavon - Hopkin/s, Jenkins, Thomas
St. Brides/Wick - Jenkins
Llanblethian -  Price
Abergwynfi -  Han(d)ford
Pontardawe -  Lewis.

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 03 December 20 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Have you checked UK Genealogy online?

Hi Thanks for your reply and messages. I had half forgotten about the images at UK genealogy. And have found a CD of the images for sale here https://shoptly.com/i/xsw. I had in some way discounted them as some of the images are so poor, I suspect those on CD are no better. Further investigation on the website reveals they are not as bad as I thought and I certainly hadn't appreciated they were in alphabetical order. So have found some of interest. Many thanks.

I still get the impression from other posts that there are actual transcripts of the MIs somewhere and these might relate to gravestones that are now covered by the car park?

An image of interest is attached. I have tried to enhance it as best I can but am struggling with the bottom half. I can make out Edward Rees and his daughter Margaretta. I think an Elizabeth Ann is also mentioned, but not sure if she is another daughter or his wife, plus October 1892? Can anyone with keener eyes than me make it out? I have attached the original plus an attempt I have made to enhance it.

Thank you

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 03 December 20 17:42 GMT (UK) »
Glad you found them.
They are described as "Adulam MI Photographs". The site has a separate "Monumental Inscription Index" search facility - but I have drawn a blank re. the 2 names on the headstone you have posted. Adulam MIs, if they exist, appear not to be covered/included?

I'll have a looksee at the transcribed registers.

pob lwc.
S. Wales, Somerset, Devon - Oxenham

Aberavon - Hopkin/s, Jenkins, Thomas
St. Brides/Wick - Jenkins
Llanblethian -  Price
Abergwynfi -  Han(d)ford
Pontardawe -  Lewis.

Offline roycymru

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 03 December 20 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Thanks. From the available clues I have managed to work out it is Elizabeth Ann Rees his daughter, born 1873 and their mother was Hannah Samuel. I think she remarried a David Evans in 1884, which would explain why she is not on the gravestone with Edward and his daughters. There is another son John(ny) Rees 1876 and a later Margaretta Rees 1878 who must have been conceived soon before Edward died.