Author Topic: Diary > Sunday 6th December  (Read 889 times)

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Sunday 6th December
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 December 20 20:10 GMT (UK) »
That's really bad about the hospital Viktoria.  We have to wear masks at all times.  Only allowed to remove them to eat and drink and even then only in designated areas. 

I don't need reassurance about my research as such.  I know I have done due diligence and have tested out alternative hypotheses too.  I'm just really upset at being told I don't care about accuracy etc and I really want to reach a point where I'm an acceptable member of society rather than someone who causes disgust in others.
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 December 20 20:49 GMT (UK) »
PharmaT, I am sure you are an acceptable member of society already.  As for saying you disgust people, that seems quite strong.  Have you considered that you might possibly be wrong and that people do not have the bad opinion of you, as you think?
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 December 20 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Pharma,what disgusts me is that there is the possibility someone in your life has made you doubt your undoubted intelligence.
Lots of people think highly of you ,it is not easy to shake off the opinion you have of yourself  because of the actions of a very nasty person .
 Now don’t apologise, there is no need to apologise , I am one of  quite a few people  who don’t think ill  of you .!
Blow the others!
Cheerio , .Viktoria.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 07 December 20 23:52 GMT (UK) »
Viktoria - I’m sure by now you will have made up your mind as to what you’re doing for Christmas... it is a dilemma as you don’t want to upset your family! My mum was just the same she started off coming to stay for 4-5 nights and then it became less until she finally said enough was enough she couldn’t manage our stairs, worrying about waking people up I the night when using the bathroom... so in the end she came for lunch on Christmas Day and went home late a/noon...using a zimmer was a nightmare in our downstairs loo and once in a wheel chair impossible sadly 😢 so we went to her Christmas morning, if it was just OH and me I’d cook lunch at her place, it’s a hard call to make and you will of course miss not seeing them.... but you’ll be safe and once you’ve had the vaccine you will feel happier about it I’m sure.

PharmaT - it pains me to hear you say that you think you disgust others.... I’m flabbergasted.... that just isn’t true... you have a lot  to give and as Viktoria says you’re an intelligent person. Please please don’t keep beating yourself up. Whoever has told you these things needs their heads examining not you!
I’m sure when you’ve read all tge positive comments on her you’ll realise what others think of you....

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Online Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 08 December 20 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Not sure where to post this ,so here goes:-

Dymuniadau gorau  am y.          ( With best wishes for Christmas and the       
Nadolig a ‘r
Flwyddyn  Newydd.                             New Year.)                       

Bet you think I speak  Welsh, no — years ago I bought some Christmas cards
with the  greetings in Welsh, as my Welsh d in l and her parents were fluent Welsh speakers.

You could also say “ Gan ddymuno  tangnefedd  a llawenydd I chi  dros y

Nadolig ac yn y  flwyddyn  i ddod.

Wishing you Peace and joy at Christmas and in the coming year.

Just thought it might come in useful ,you never know.
Viktoria.
lPS ,might have come in useful when that Welsh Policeman was going to book my OH fior driving too slow on the road from Caernarfon , we were going to Llanberis ,two small grandchildren in the back and thousands of escaped sheep on the windy unfamiliar road .
He said the tailback was halfway to Caernarfon.!
It was July so perhaps he would have booked us for out of season greetings .
He was determined to do something .
Have you seen the Video warning ,about a Northerner terrifying  Londoners by saying “ Hello” .when he did not know them.?
The advice was do not approach him .
Cheerio.Viktoria.