Author Topic: Marriage Ann Cooper and William Gibson Guisborough 24 Dec 1823  (Read 566 times)

Offline Christianmpoulsen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage Ann Cooper and William Gibson Guisborough 24 Dec 1823
« on: Tuesday 08 December 20 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Marriage Ann Cooper and William Gibson Guisborough 24 Dec 1823

Is anyone able to find this marriage please, in particular looking for where William Gibson is from

Thanks
Robson (NBL ENGLAND); Armstrong (NBL ENGLAND);Richardson (NBL ENGLAND); Money (NFK & NBL ENGLAND); Gibson (NBL ENGLAND);
Swoish/Swash (NFK ENGLAND);Reed (NBL ENGLAND);
Watson (NBL ENGLAND); Church (NFK ENGLAND); Trobe/Trollop (NBL ENGLAND); Lowes (NBL ENGLAND);
Sherwood (NBL ENGLAND); Harrison (NBL ENGLAND)

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage Ann Cooper and William Gibson Guisborough 24 Dec 1823
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 December 20 18:58 GMT (UK) »
Having tried to find a marriage for a William Gibson Guisborough and failed I then realised that this marriage was for William Gibson who married in Guisborough, Yorkshire
(so unsure why this is on the Durham Board)

Still, I looked at the parish register image on FindMyPast as is usual for that time, there is no mention of a father for either of them. Marriage by banns, no ages given, William's occupation is husbandman and one of the witnesses was the assistant clerk and the other was a James Long (who made his mark).

Boo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 December 20 19:08 GMT (UK) »
Having tried to find a marriage for a William Gibson Guisborough and failed I then realised that this marriage was for William Gibson who married in Guisborough, Yorkshire
(so unsure why this is on the Durham Board)

Still, I looked at the parish register image on FindMyPast as as usual for that time, there is no mention of a father for either of them. Marriage by banns, n ages given William's occupation is husbandman and one of the witnesses was the assistant clerk and the other was a James Long (who made his mark).

Boo

Thank you Boo, sorry, I should have made that clearer regarding name / location. I wasn’t sure whether Guisborough was classed as North Yorkshire or Durham at the time.
Robson (NBL ENGLAND); Armstrong (NBL ENGLAND);Richardson (NBL ENGLAND); Money (NFK & NBL ENGLAND); Gibson (NBL ENGLAND);
Watson (NBL ENGLAND); Church (NFK ENGLAND); Trobe/Trollop (NBL ENGLAND); Lowes (NBL ENGLAND);

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 December 20 20:24 GMT (UK) »

Thank you Boo, sorry, I should have made that clearer regarding name / location. I wasn’t sure whether Guisborough was classed as North Yorkshire or Durham at the time.

Not really a problem, it just threw me for a while :-)

Perhaps it would be  good idea to ask that this thread be moved to the Yorkshire board and someone may be able to help with finding possible parents for your William Gibson.
Boo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 08 December 20 21:38 GMT (UK) »

Not really a problem, it just threw me for a while :-)

Perhaps it would be  good idea to ask that this thread be moved to the Yorkshire board and someone may be able to help with finding possible parents for your William Gibson.
Boo

Yes, good idea - I’m not sure how to request that though

Offline Tickettyboo

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 08 December 20 21:51 GMT (UK) »
If you click on the link that says 'report to moderator' under your post and ask for the thread to be moved to the Yorkshire Board someone will do it as soon as they can

Boo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 08 December 20 22:14 GMT (UK) »
If you click on the link that says 'report to moderator' under your post and ask for the thread to be moved to the Yorkshire Board someone will do it as soon as they can

Boo

Thanks