Author Topic: William Coltman Neale Surname change in the 19th century  (Read 212 times)

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Coltman Neale Surname change in the 19th century
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 08 December 20 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Where are the GRO indexes that show middle names please?

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/login.asp

You need to register itís free to search

Offline coltman

• RootsChat Senior
  • ❤ shine on you crazy diamond ❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 08 December 20 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Ladyhawk. I think they went down to Torquay for the airs because he died of TB 18th April, 16 days after the census. GG Coltman is my gr. granddad Richard and Laura are GG's bro and sis. The 1870 birth was fathered by William, a girl but she only survived two days.  Any children born after William's death are fathered by Joseph Callow 5 or 6 years after his death but their BC's give William Coltman as their father which is a bit naughty really but I think she was only trying to do right by her children.
at gr. grandparent level: Coltman, Peach, Kirk, Storey, Lattimer, Thorpe, Foers, and Sayles... May The Foers Be With You
at gr. gr. grandparents level: Neale, Smith, (doh) Cole, Bursnell, Swann, Stanley, Bellamy, and Greaves.
at gr. gr. gr. grandparents level: Goodwin, Spencer, Jackson, Bingham, Laughton, Parkin, Pepper, Bell, Elliott, Cater, Morton, and Oates.
Five surname are edible items :)
Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives at www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline coltman

• RootsChat Senior
  • ❤ shine on you crazy diamond ❤
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 08 December 20 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, repeated myself, didn't think my post had uploaded.
at gr. grandparent level: Coltman, Peach, Kirk, Storey, Lattimer, Thorpe, Foers, and Sayles... May The Foers Be With You
at gr. gr. grandparents level: Neale, Smith, (doh) Cole, Bursnell, Swann, Stanley, Bellamy, and Greaves.
at gr. gr. gr. grandparents level: Goodwin, Spencer, Jackson, Bingham, Laughton, Parkin, Pepper, Bell, Elliott, Cater, Morton, and Oates.
Five surname are edible items :)
Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright from National Archives at www.nationalarchives.gov.uk