Author Topic: Covid Vaccination  (Read 17944 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Covid Vaccination
« Reply #36 on: Monday 14 December 20 13:38 GMT (UK) »
Lucky me then  - see Reply #6
 :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Nic.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 14 December 20 13:45 GMT (UK) »
I think the current situation has highlighted that many surgeries are not very good at communicating.

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 14 December 20 13:53 GMT (UK) »
The problem is that all surgeries are very busy. Staff get ill or are needing to isolate just like the rest of us.

They are trying to make sure everyone can get advice and treatment whilst keeping themselves safe.

They are still doing flu clinics and now have to think about Covid vaccinations.

People are phoning them the ask about these clinics meaning that ill people can't get through for advice or an appointment.
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Top-of-the-hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 14 December 20 14:42 GMT (UK) »
   I have just looked at my practice's website, which is probably a good one, and in the section on vaccination it says in red letters:- 
                                                                                                                                                              "You do not need to contact the surgery until you receive a letter, text or phone call about getting the Covid-19 vaccines."

There does not seem to be a facebook page - it had never occurred to me that there might be!
Pay, Kent
Codham/Coltham, Kent
Kent, Felton, Essex
Staples, Wiltshire

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 14 December 20 21:33 GMT (UK) »
   I have just looked at my practice's website, which is probably a good one, and in the section on vaccination it says in red letters:- 
                                                                                                                                                              "You do not need to contact the surgery until you receive a letter, text or phone call about getting the Covid-19 vaccines."

There does not seem to be a facebook page - it had never occurred to me that there might be!

Similar message on my local health board site and on NHS Inform Scotland website. NHS Inform has a link for leaflets about Coronavirus vaccination to download or send for and a phone number for information. My GP practice website directed me to NHS Inform Scotland site.
https://www.nhsinform.scot/healthy-living/immunisation/vaccines/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine
A GP Facebook page hadn't occurred to me either. Prompted by this thread, I've found the one for my practice but it only has 21 followers and most posts are from the same half-a-dozen patients, basically saying they've gone to the doctor and what's wrong with them. As another post on this thread says, some people give too much information.
Cowban

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 20 December 20 00:00 GMT (UK) »
The Times has a calculator for estimating when we'll be vaccinated. It ask for age, postcode,  medical conditions, care home res, care/nhs worker.

I was told to expect to be vaccinated next month.

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Online Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 20 December 20 00:21 GMT (UK) »
Interesting that it asks for postcode, a different one I looked at didn't ask for that information which puzzled me  - the demographic of the area is bound to be a factor in the result.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Sunday 20 December 20 10:14 GMT (UK) »
The one I used said between 31/01/2021 and 27/02/2021, fingers crossed that it is right.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Sunday 20 December 20 10:17 GMT (UK) »
The one I used said between 31/01/2021 and 27/02/2021, fingers crossed that it is right.

My result was the same but millions of people before me  :-\

My husband had his on Wednesday with an hour and a half’s notice! I queried that short time earlier thinking it couldn’t happen.  ::)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk