Author Topic: Farrar-Capes Ladies, East Yorks. Are These the same lady Please? Repairs Welcome  (Read 683 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
I would like opinions on whether these two ladies are the same person please. Both came from the same family album:

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=841286.0

Feel free to work on it if you wish.
Thanks for looking.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Farrer-Capes Ladies, East Yorks. Are These the same lady Please? Repairs Welcom
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 December 20 17:03 GMT (UK) »
She does look very similar, Carol.  I've just come in so will try to put them side by side.

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Farrer-Capes Ladies, East Yorks. Are These the same lady Please? Repairs Welcom
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 December 20 17:12 GMT (UK) »
A quick side by side

I'd say definitely  :)

Add -her  left eye, nose, mouth, bone structure, hair, the way she holds her head , .................
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 December 20 18:09 GMT (UK) »
Aw great stuff...thanks so much, yes I see that now but wasn't sure  :D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 09 December 20 21:16 GMT (UK) »
I'm not sure about them being the same lady.  I think the lady on the right has a longer nose and a thicker bottom lip, but I'm nearly always wrong about these things  ;D
Pat,
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 09 December 20 22:19 GMT (UK) »
You have brought her out of the gloom Pat and made a clean job of a dirty photo  ;D it's so much better. Thanks for working on it. So pleased that you took the time to do it.
I am convinced that it is the same lady, but others may disagree.
Carol

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 09 December 20 23:00 GMT (UK) »
I think it is the same beautiful woman. Older of course in the photo on the left and I can attest to the fact one's lips get thinner due to age. Mine have practically disappeared down the back of my throat ;D
crisane

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 09 December 20 23:21 GMT (UK) »
I think it is the same beautiful woman. Older of course in the photo on the left and I can attest to the fact one's lips get thinner due to age. Mine have practically disappeared down the back of my throat ;D
crisane

Ditto - I was looking at a pic of me when I was 22 and thought 'where did those lips go?  )

We'll just have to pout

;D ;D ;D

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 09 December 20 23:22 GMT (UK) »
Interesting observation Crisane, thanks for your input, very helpful.  :) I'm virtually lipless too, although my OH would disagree and say I was still "Lippy" in a different context though  ;D
Carol