Author Topic: Samuel Sandell  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Samuel Sandell
« Reply #9 on: Monday 14 December 20 05:18 GMT (UK) »
Thanks majm for your help, I am checking all records from various Web Pages a lot do not have the proper certificates as proof of their entries. I have sent emails to Parish Registers here in New South Wales, most of the records are on microfiche or Family Search. I can't search in Family Search, they ask now if you are a member of the church. :-[ I will have a look in the web page you mentioned what heading do you use. :-[

Regards,
Janet 8)

Online maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 01 January 21 00:16 GMT (UK) »
I can't search in Family Search, they ask now if you are a member of the church.

Hello Jan, you do not have to be a member of the church to search in familysearch. You do need to create an account, and in creating it there is a box to check if you are a member of the church, but it is not necessary to fill that box in order to create an account. Once your account is created familysearch is available to search.

Hope that helps.  :)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 01 January 21 00:43 GMT (UK) »
Happy New Year Shume, :) I have just sorted the records of Mathew McElroy, his wife Sarah McGoverin nee Sandall (have this marriage)  her parents Samuel and Sarah Whaley too many Sarah's in this family. I need to search for Sarah's brother Samuel and sister Mary their marriages if any and burial. :-[ I have their baptisms. :-[

Regards,
Janet :-\

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 01 January 21 00:47 GMT (UK) »
Happy New Year Maddys52 thanks for help regarding Family Search they once had a  house here in North Street, I did go a lot while ago, don't know if they are still open to look through their records, once you have opened a account do you pay etc. :-[

Regards,
Janet :-[

Online maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 01 January 21 01:16 GMT (UK) »
Happy New Year Maddys52 thanks for help regarding Family Search they once had a  house here in North Street, I did go a lot while ago, don't know if they are still open to look through their records, once you have opened a account do you pay etc. :-[

Regards,

No, free to search  :) Many records available on-line, some images.
https://www.familysearch.org

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 01 January 21 06:31 GMT (UK) »
Afternoon maddys52 had a quick search in Family Search found Mary Staff's burial records howcome she isn't listed before her brother Samuel Sandall as Sole Beneficial in the will, trying to find when her brother was married, and how many children did Mary Staff have. :-[

Regards,

Online maddys52

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 17 January 21 06:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jan, sorry it's taken a while to reply. Not sure whether you have advanced your search and answered your last question.

Afternoon maddys52 had a quick search in Family Search found Mary Staff's burial records howcome she isn't listed before her brother Samuel Sandall as Sole Beneficial in the will, trying to find when her brother was married, and how many children did Mary Staff have. :-[

Regards,

You can search NSW births, marriage and death records on the NSW gov site:
https://familyhistory.bdm.nsw.gov.au/lifelink/familyhistory/search?14
Note that you can search with a wildcard (*) - useful as there are various spellings of SANDELL.

From there you can find Mary SANDLE married John STAFF (3406/1824 V18243406 3B) District "CB" means it was at St John's (Church of England) at Parramatta.

[Early church codes here:
https://www.nsw.gov.au/topics/family-history-search/registry-records/early-church-codes]

There are then 12 births to a John and Mary STAFF between 1825 and 1848.

A Mary STAFF died 1886 registered at Parramatta (8567/1886 ). There is no parents' names recorded on the index, instead it says "aged 82 years" - which fits with your Mary, and implies her parents' names weren't known by the informant and won't be recorded on the death certificate.

Can't see a likely marriage for brother Samuel SANDELL in NSW. There are two deaths for a Samuel SANDALL in 1805 - (728/1805 V1805728 148) and (1998/1805 V18051998 2A).

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 17 January 21 06:32 GMT (UK) »
Sydney Mail.12 June 1886

JANE 1, at her late residence, Campbell St, Parramatta, Mary reluct if the late JF Staff, aged 82.

Cannot locate similar death notice at Trove.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 17 January 21 06:39 GMT (UK) »
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk