Author Topic: Which Missouri newspaper in 1905?  (Read 303 times)

Offline inor

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Which Missouri newspaper in 1905?
« on: Saturday 12 December 20 21:07 GMT (UK) »
 Years ago, a researcher in Monroe County, Missouri, located for me this notice of the death of my great-grandmother, "Mrs. John Burnett", who died on 9 August 1905 (a Wednesday) in Ralls County.
Unfortunately I did not keep a record of which paper she found this in. Because it says she died "last week",  the notice must have appeared during the week beginning 14 August.
Could someone suggest how I might possibly find out which newspaper this notice appeared in?
Thank you for any suggestions.

inor
 :)

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Which Missouri newspaper in 1905?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 December 20 23:38 GMT (UK) »
Someone with a subscription to a newspaper site might find the death notice itself (for their information: her name at death was Mary Alice Burnett)

- edit: Obviously, now that I look at the name of the image. Oh well.

If not, I'd ask the biggest library in the area, which seems to be the Hannibal Library. Their link is
http://hannibal.lib.mo.us/

It says they are closed until further notice, but the reference librarian and others might be working remotely. Or they might be working on site in the closed library. So it is still worth a try if there is contact info on that site.

- Cleveland's was closed in the spring and I got a response to an inquiry I submitted from them at the time.

guest141721

Re: Which Missouri newspaper in 1905?
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 December 20 09:48 GMT (UK) »
You could try contacting the owner of this site

https://www.theancestorhunt.com/newspaper-research-links.html

They seem to have information on a large number of newspapers. They may be able to help or point you in the right direction.
Glyn