Author Topic: Looking for information on Caroline Fox emigrated to USA from England in 1913  (Read 2113 times)

Offline oscardaphers

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for information on Caroline Fox emigrated to USA from England in 1913
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday 15 December 20 21:51 GMT (UK) »
I finally found Ellen & her kids on the 1911 passenger list, with Divett badly mistranscribed as Dwell.   ::)  It lists her mother as C. Fox and the 2nd page says they were going to Dubuque, Iowa to her husband at 2118 Couler Ave.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-C9T4-P9HL-P?i=643&cc=1368704&personaUrl=%2Fark%3A%2F61903%2F1%3A1%3AJJP8-2PN
Wow thank you so much shellyesq
I will see if I can find her leaving Southampton.

I have been searching for her death which I now think would be in the USA. I have eliminated Zena M B Johnson from my tree as I think I have made a mistake as I found her baptism record and the fathers name doesn’t match. Therefore the 1939 record I have is the wrong Ellen B Johnson!
I can’t find a marriage to Randolph Divett so maybe a death could be registered in the name Johnson.

Sorry but I have another query  ::)
Who is Mona? Is she another “wife” for Randolph? I’m not sure the birth dates mentioned match Ellen Bessie!

Wendy
Garnett, Gatty- London
Bulbeck, Garnett- Portsmouth, Hampshire
Small, Rowe, Pearce- Hants/Wilts
Buckett- Isle Of Wight
Newland- Portsmouth, East Meon, Hayling Island, Hants
Savell/Saville/Saveal- Essex
Roberts- Rutland, London

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for information on Caroline Fox emigrated to USA from England in 1913
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 15 December 20 22:07 GMT (UK) »
It's possible that they are two different wives, but I think it's more likely that Ellen's name evolved into Mona.  Son Edward gave his parents' names as Randolph E. Divett and Mona Fox on his Social Security application. 

Offline oscardaphers

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 16 December 20 23:39 GMT (UK) »

Thank you so much to everyone who has helped with this brickwall!

Rootschatters are the best

best wishes to all
Wendy
Garnett, Gatty- London
Bulbeck, Garnett- Portsmouth, Hampshire
Small, Rowe, Pearce- Hants/Wilts
Buckett- Isle Of Wight
Newland- Portsmouth, East Meon, Hayling Island, Hants
Savell/Saville/Saveal- Essex
Roberts- Rutland, London