Author Topic: Family Message  (Read 331 times)

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Family Message
« on: Monday 14 December 20 15:00 GMT (UK) »
I would like to express my thanks to all the wonderful people on here.  Thanks to the great photo restoration work added to my own research, quite a few families of Polish airmen in WW2 have had a nice early Christmas present of their loved ones' illustrated stories.  I would like to pass on my (and the families) thanks for making this possible.  I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and a Happy and better New Year.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Family Message
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 December 20 16:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Neville, thanks so much for your heart warming message, it's feedback like this that makes our hobby all the more worthwhile.
You also need to be congratulated for all the research and wonderful work that you do for the Polish Families of servicemen, so many of whom never came back.

Merry Christmas and a Happy, Covid-Free New Year to you and your Family.

Carol  :-*

CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 December 20 17:46 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Carol

For me, this started as a hobby to give me something to do in retirement but it took over my life!  When you see the expressions on the faces of the families, it makes it all worthwhile but it is so much better with illustrations - and better still when you can give nice copies of tatty old photos back to them.

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 December 20 20:52 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) Thank you Neville for the wonderful work you are doing for the famiies of these servicemen. I am so pleased if we can help you in some small way to present their stories.  I know what you mean about having something to do in your retirement, I am the same, just keep going as long as  we can.   ;) Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Elliven

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 December 20 23:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello Pat,

Yes, I think we both do it because we like it but being able to help other people is a bonus.  Two very different skill sets combined make a much better result than either of us would achieve individually.