Author Topic: James Low Rae b. Arbroath 1872  (Read 2903 times)

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: James Low Rae b. Arbroath 1872
« Reply #36 on: Monday 21 December 20 12:30 GMT (UK) »
In 2016 Ticketyboo said their grandfather was William Marshall born 25/11/1915, only child of John Marshall and Jemima Rae.
Excellent.

So it's James Low Rae who is the red herring.

I wish I could snap my fingers and cause every online and published tree that contains errors of fact to disappear in a puff of blue smoke.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 21 December 20 13:05 GMT (UK) »
In 2016 Ticketyboo said their grandfather was William Marshall born 25/11/1915, only child of John Marshall and Jemima Rae.
Excellent.

I wish I could snap my fingers and cause every online and published tree that contains errors of fact to disappear in a puff of blue smoke.

The problem being people copying information from tree's without checking if it's the right information ..So we know now we had the right Jemima with just plain James Rae as the father    ;D

Rosie

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 21 December 20 13:19 GMT (UK) »
The problem being people copying information from trees without checking if it's the right information
The problem being idiots publishing wrong information in the first place :)

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 21 December 20 13:37 GMT (UK) »

Not just trees with errors but people relying on such as opposed to not taking previous advice given in order to find the facts by way of official documents hence being no further forward in 4 yrs...

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=742065.msg5887449#msg5887449

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Monday 21 December 20 14:54 GMT (UK) »
Rosinish Ah. Thank you. Four years, indeed.

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 21 December 20 16:38 GMT (UK) »

and so says all of us!   :D
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .