Author Topic: Farrah Sisters - East Yorkshire Compare and Repair Please  (Read 718 times)

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Farrah Sisters - East Yorkshire Compare and Repair Please
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 17 December 20 22:17 GMT (UK) »
First one from laptop so can't use all the bells and whistles- fairly straight  :)

Off to cook now - I'll be back later

Really lovely interpretation Gadget, very natural and easy on the eye. Thanks so much for your time, it's very much appreiated  :-*

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 17 December 20 22:22 GMT (UK) »
The two photos in black and white
Pat

Love the contrast in the black and white versions Pat, it really highlights the features in both of them. I appreciate the time you took to do them. Thanks so much  :-*

I also love the sepia toned ones too that bring a different quality to the images.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 17 December 20 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Second version of first one

I love all three of these Gadget, the ethereal touch of the first is quite striking, so too is the delicate porcelain look of the third one and the balance of light and shade adds to the overall effect. Thanks so much for working on these for me, it's really appreciate  :-*
Carol

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 17 December 20 23:08 GMT (UK) »
I really enjoyed doing them, Carol  :)

I do wish I had more old pics. I have lots of pics from 1930s onwards  but not many early ones  :'(
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 18 December 20 03:33 GMT (UK) »
Couple of late ones. :)
Gadget, I particularly like yours of Reply#17.
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 18 December 20 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Peter.  It was a two tone filter that I 'played' around with at the end.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 18 December 20 10:13 GMT (UK) »
Couple of late ones. :)
Gadget, I particularly like yours of Reply#17.
Peter

They are really lovely Peter, the contrasting mount really sets them off, you made a good job of them. Thanks so much for the time that you have spent on them, I really appreciate it  :-*

Carol

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 18 December 20 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Carol. :D
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.