Author Topic: Elizabeth Taylor 1791-1896  (Read 580 times)

Offline TinaRoyal

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Taylor 1791-1896
« on: Friday 18 December 20 12:07 GMT (UK) »

Can anyone remove the "blemish" from the forehead on the photograph of my 4 x Great-Grandfather's daughter Elizabeth Taylor ?

I think she's just received her Gas Bill.   :)

Offline Trishanne

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Taylor 1791-1896
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 December 20 14:18 GMT (UK) »
 :) She's had a nasty bump on her head hasn't she, but I've made it better for her. I've also adjusted the tone a bit
Pat
Bownass - Lancashire & Westmorland
Hoggarth - Lancashire & Westmorland
Jackson- Lancaster
Waller - Dent, Yorkshire dales
Omerod - Lancashire
Redburn - Lancashire
Evans - Hereford

RESTORERS please do not use my restores without my permission THANK YOU

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 December 20 14:29 GMT (UK) »
That's a good result from Pat with what she had to work with, if you have the original and can scan at a resolution of 300dpi 600dpi if it's a small image, that would give a much better result. You can post a file size of up to 500kbs on here and your is a very small file at 19kbs.
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline John-76

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 December 20 14:46 GMT (UK) »
I’d take a few bumps if they’d get me to 105 yo! She must have been pretty healthy lady regardless of the bump! 😉
Blake, Willis, Parker and Whittington

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 December 20 14:47 GMT (UK) »
It really needs a bigger scan but I'm waiting for my helper to help with the decorations so

A Selenium tone and a black and white. 

Some restorers have an app that increases the size without messing up the pixels. Maybe they might help.

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 18 December 20 15:20 GMT (UK) »
I've tried another process on the black and white one. I'm not sure if it's any better though
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Online japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 18 December 20 15:24 GMT (UK) »

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 18 December 20 16:44 GMT (UK) »
here's my take on her, I imagine she's fed up holding a pose for the long exposure time taken to get her photo, maybe a splash of colour would brighten her up ... cheers, Ian
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 18 December 20 17:02 GMT (UK) »
does she look happier now she's colourful ?  I find it hard to tell, cheers, Ian
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.