Author Topic: 1874 Peak Downs  (Read 804 times)

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
Re: 1874 Peak Downs
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 December 20 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Gadget. :)
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 December 20 20:46 GMT (UK) »
Peter, Thank you VERY MUCH for your restoration-reconstruction. It is great to see the photo with so much more detail visible. I am very grateful for your effort and all the time you spent on it.
I had a chuckle at the dog, because I had no idea it was there in the original photo. It adds another dimension to the family, to think they had a little dachshund for the children to play with.
I think you have been very kind to Jasper, giving his woolly and un-kept beard a neat trim. :)
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 27 December 20 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Here's my first attempt with texture and frame. As I said, the faces were difficult to find but I've tried to suggest them. It's more of a drawing than a photo!

The little dog went walkies  :)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 27 December 20 17:13 GMT (UK) »
This is larger and with a deeper tone.
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline McGroger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Convicts, Commoners and Outlaws
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 27 December 20 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Nice work, Gadget; you draw very well! :)
Peter
Convicts: COSIER (1791); LEADBEATER (1791); SINGLETON (& PARKINSON) (1792); STROUD (1793); BARNES (aka SYDNEY) (1800); DAVIS (1804); CLARK (1806); TYLER (1810); COWEN (1818); ADAMS[ON] (1821); SMITH (1827); WHYBURN (1827); HARBORNE (1828).
Commoners: DOUGAN (1844); FORD (1849); JOHNSTON (1850); BEATTIE (& LONG) (1856); BRICKLEY (1883).
Outlaws: MCGREGOR (1883) & ass. clans, Glasgow, Glenquaich, Glenalmond and Glengyle.

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 27 December 20 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Dear Gadget, a great BIG THANK YOU for your lovingly done restoration.
I know I gave you a huge challenge with a photo that had mostly disappeared. I really do appreciate the time and effort you have spent working on this. Thank you again!

I have gradually been working through the “historic family albums” and making digital copies of old photos. There may be some more that could do with a little restoration - but I promise nothing as bad as this first one I have posted.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 27 December 20 23:17 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both  :)

Neale - do put some more photos up. Many of us are in semi-lockdown and restoring pics takes our minds off the situation.

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 28 December 20 00:08 GMT (UK) »
Neale - do put some more photos up. Many of us are in semi-lockdown and restoring pics takes our minds off the situation.
I will do that. I should have some time later today.