Author Topic: Arthur Adam CARLTON  (Read 1629 times)

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Arthur Adam CARLTON
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 19 December 20 22:25 GMT (UK) »
Muriel may have married Arthur's business partner

'All persons having claims against the Estate of Arthur Carlton, deceased, trading as Carlton and Doherty, General Storekeepers, Ringarooma...'
http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article51289165

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 19 December 20 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Police Gazette, Tasmania, Jan 10, 1902 - Nominal list of officers, Tas Police Force
No. 200, Carlton, Arthur, 38y, Launceston station
Date of original appointment 3 Sept 1897
Ancestry.com. Tasmania, Australia, Police Gazettes, 1884-1933

Offline familysleuth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 19 December 20 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Matthew,

yes, that is my blog - some of it is becomming unattached, I think. I must take it down and re-vamp. I haven't added to it in a couple of years.

Would you see if the marriage is on microfilm? that would be wonderful. I went to the Tasmanian library site, and nothing came up except his Will.
Yes, Muriel married the business partner - hmm. interesting. they also had a child.

but the main thing for me is who IS this Arthur Carlton? and how does he match my Clarksons?

what you have just posted is the only possible age I have for Arthur, making him significantly older than Murial - and 2 years out from AA Clarkson.
I can tell you that matches to my Clarksons are very few. the whole family 'daughtered out' and my brother is the 'last male clarkson'. so to have DNA matches to all my father's cousins 3 x removed and a very significant match to a family in Utah - some Clarksons who were LDS pilgrims travelled there but I have no actual person link yet (in 18th century) means that this is an interesting match!

cheers, Louise
Joyce & Black in Armagh/Down; Clarkson in Hull, East Riding; Paxton in Hull, Yorkshire; Lodge in Huddersfield and Liverpool; Shaw in Caistor, Lincolnshire; Noncon and Pope in London.

Offline matthewj64

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 20 December 20 09:56 GMT (UK) »
A tree on Ancestry has the marriage as 8 Jun 1912, The Deanery, Launceston

If this is so, then it was a Roman Catholic marriage and unfortunately will not be on microfilm.

M

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 20 December 20 10:01 GMT (UK) »
Could be.

At least four children, info from FamilySearch
Children's religion RC, father Storekeeper

Offline familysleuth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 20 December 20 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Yes it was a Catholic marriage.
I guess I will just have to order the marriage cert.

thanks to all who contributed, and thanks to Dundee and Matthew for your help!

I am always open to new possibilities though, and if you can find a skeleton for AA Clarkson (I have been routinely searching for bodies and bones found) then you have my undying gratitude !
Joyce & Black in Armagh/Down; Clarkson in Hull, East Riding; Paxton in Hull, Yorkshire; Lodge in Huddersfield and Liverpool; Shaw in Caistor, Lincolnshire; Noncon and Pope in London.

Offline Patricia Nelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 12 July 21 10:39 BST (UK) »
We believe we have information that clearly links Arthur Clarkson to Arthur Adam Carlton. We thought he was born in 1867 in Christchurch, this could easily have been 1866. We have a certificate of marriage and a death certificate for Arthur Adam Carlton. The marriage certificate identifies paretns aa Samuel and Sarah nee Lodge. We have a photo of Arthur Adam which matches a photo above and a photo of brother Ern (possibly Ernie) driving a taxi in Christchurch. He is believed to have come to Melbourne and driven taxis.
Keen to make contact.

Offline familysleuth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 30 July 21 19:40 BST (UK) »
Dear Patricia - I am astounded! I didn't see your email re your post until right now - woke at 2am, made hot chocolate, looked at my emails........please email me ASAP!!!

Ernest williams clarkson was first a draughtsman - I actually have his beautiful draughting board made of NZ timbers - and in later life, drove a taxi - is down as 'taxi proprietor' in 1928.

Offline familysleuth

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 04 August 21 10:40 BST (UK) »
Dear Patricia - your personal message box is full!
you must contact me here....
this is such exciting news, I really want to contact you!

best wishes Louise