Author Topic: Boris's 4.00 broadcast today 19 December 2020  (Read 6299 times)

Offline Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Boris's 4.00 broadcast today
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 19 December 20 21:30 GMT (UK) »
Over a hundred protesters against the restrictions demonstrated in Bournemouth today, shouting to others to join in, no social distancing, no masks. I feel quite glad to be housebound.

I despair at the mentality of some people, I think they seem hell bent on keeping the pandemic going as long as possible.🙄
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 19 December 20 21:44 GMT (UK) »
Last night I flicked through the various news channels:  BBC; Itv; Sky; Aljazeera and all of them had pieces showing local journalists interviewing shoppers in town centres to get their views on the latest government pronouncements.  It being the last Friday the town centres were buzzing with only a minority wearing a mask,  most people bare faced and not wearing a mask.

Somebody in No. 10 must have seen the same scenes and realised the implications. 
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 19 December 20 21:47 GMT (UK) »
I despair at the mentality of the idiots protesting, better not say anymore I am so  annoyed

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 19 December 20 22:03 GMT (UK) »
I agree Jebber, it is about time some people grew up!

Such shortsightedness, the hospitality industry ,if we don’t get on top of this there won’t be any customers anyway!
I think to make plans when changes are inevitably going to be made , is optimistic but natural, but it needs to be kept in mind that things can change in a wink,.People have striven to stay within guidelines then the big change !
Of course they will be disappointed .
The greater good is what must come first,and many will strive to stick to rules
so it is natural they get frustrated when there are many who don’t , and whose  selfish actions mean we all miss out.
The Oracle has spoken!
Viktoria.

News footage on  TV this evening, a shopping mall, people all crowded together ,many no masks. It bedevils reason.

Offline ankerdine

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Unknown Scottish relatives sisters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 19 December 20 22:50 GMT (UK) »
We were due to go to our daughter,  about 15 mins walk away ,  we are in the same tier , so we will be spending Christmas on our own now,  don't mind at all, just want everyone to be safe,  our granddaughter  is particularly sad but I told her we will do something later

Boris is trying to do his best, we have to thank the idiots who have not kept to the rules, such as a line of 7 people shopping in London  and only 1 wearing a mask,  now they have spoilt it for everyone else who has tried to do the right thing since  march

I am very annoyed to say the least

Louisa Maud

Well said, Louise Maud, "he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't". Anyone else want his responsibility?
Judy
Blair, Marshall, Williamson - Ayrshire, Wigtownshire
Saxton, Sketchley - Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire
Brown, Green - Rutland
Hawker, Malone, Bradbury, Arnott, Turner, Woodings, Blakemore, Upton, Merricks - Warwickshire, Staffordshire
Silvers, Dudley, Worcs
Deakin - Staffordshire

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 20 December 20 00:12 GMT (UK) »

"he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't". Anyone else want his responsibility?
Judy

Exactly
Aberdeen: Findlay-Shirras,McCarthy: MidLothian: Mason,Telford,Darling,Cruikshanks,Bennett,Sime, Bell: Lanarks:Crum, Brown, MacKenzie,Cameron, Glen, Millar; Ross: Urray:Mackenzie:  Moray: Findlay; Marshall/Marischell: Perthshire: Brown Ferguson: Wales: McCarthy, Thomas: England: Almond, Askin, Dodson, Well(es). Harrison, Maw, McCarthy, Munford, Pye, Shearing, Smith, Smythe, Speight, Strike, Wallis/Wallace, Ward, Wells;Germany: Flamme,Ehlers, Bielstein, Germer, Mohlm, Reupke

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 20 December 20 01:20 GMT (UK) »
I personally do not like Laura Kuensberg ,she is out to score points, and yes she does ask pertinent questions but the dagger is drawn.
She does not ask in the search for clarity often but to get a dig in.
As has been said Boris  is damned either way,bring in moderate restrictions and many do not even try to stay within them, bring in stricter measures and some will kick over the traces anyway, so they do their own little thing and the rest suffer.
The rules are complicated, and easily mis - understood but I was appalled at Hospital, the Consultant  I was  booked in to see was masked,gowned  hatted  and gloved ,sanitised  the  equipment etc yet during his examination of my eyes there were young Drs coming in and out of the room ,not masked or gowned etc and with letters  they needed to ask about ,these were handled by the Consultant who then got back to my eyes.
The queue at the Pharmacy was very long and nowhere to wait but the
corridor and the waiting time was up to an hour!
No two metres apart there !
One thing laughs at another ,I wonder who decides the restrictions?
Surely not a Doctor or Scientist!
But something has got to be more cut and dried and penalties allotted, mind you when Greater Manchester Police failed to investigate 18,0000 crimes last year ——-we’ll be lucky!
Viktoria.

Online Rena

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 20 December 20 04:16 GMT (UK) »
I personally do not like Laura Kuensberg ,she is out to score points, and yes she does ask pertinent questions but the dagger is drawn.
She does not ask in the search for clarity often but to get a dig in.

Viktoria.

Have you not watched "Good Morning Britain" and the two vicious "journalists" on the programme?

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 20 December 20 07:58 GMT (UK) »
I would not want to wish any harm on anyone but have these demonstrators realised by not masking up the germs can be taken home and spread to the family, they all want their heads knocking together

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London