Author Topic: Boris's 4.00 broadcast today 19 December 2020  (Read 6296 times)

Offline chrissiecruiser

• RootsChat Senior
  • Dora Berg (12/5/1893-8/10/1916)
    • View Profile
Re: Boris's 4.00 broadcast today
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 20 December 20 08:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello to all of you beautiful, patient, kind and unselfish people from South Australia.
🥰
I read your posts, all doing the right thing.....we have to stay alive, right?

Why are people so selfish?

Re Boris...I did wonder why he did not shut everything down earlier.

Our Premiers (leaders of each state) are acting quickly and shutting down when there is a flare up.
 At the moment NSW has a cluster and contact tracing in full swing. Borders are shutting and the Sydney to Hobart yacht race is called off as Tasmania shuts it's border.
I too take care and if someone gets a bit close I give them the "Look" and move away.
By the way...i'm a good looker!!!!
Love to you all
Chris
 :D
Berg - Uppsala, Sweden
Bissett - Scotland
Butler - Yorkshire
Butt - Dorset
Butterworth - Yorkshire
Cave - Somerset
Darby - Somerset
Grierson - Scotland
Kruger/Krueger - Prussia, Germany
Lecher - Cottbus, Brandenburg, Germany
Levick - Nottinghamshire, UK
Molde - Schleswig-Holstein, Denmark/Germany
Oram - Wiltshire & Somerset, UK
Randell - Devon, UK
Savren - Dorset, UK
Weilbach - Denmark & South Africa
Williams - Cornwall, UK

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Sunday 20 December 20 09:02 GMT (UK) »
This Christmas will be the first time in my 54 years that I haven't spent the day with my parents even though hubby and I have been married for 29 of them!
 However I work in a very large secondary school and have seen this coming for weeks. Students and teachers alike self isolating and whole year groups out for 2 weeks. Touch wood I'm ok but we've all been asked to do a covid test at work and to test our immediate family. Hubby works for RAC  and also classed as a key worker, eldest son at uni(home now) and one at secondary with me so we've all been around too many people.

When I go back to school.......I may have to go in during the break.....they want us to test the students. How the hell will that work! We've been thrown in again.
 As for those running away from London I hope it was worth it.
 To all of you I raise my glass( ok cup of tea it's only 9am here) and wish you all the Very Best and here's to a much better 2021 :) :D .

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rishile

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 20 December 20 09:11 GMT (UK) »
I'm a bit confused by your post Rishile, if it's 'we' doesn't that mean you're not on your own?
Sorry Roobarb - 'we' means just me and hubby.

Rishile
Stoneham - Kent / Essex / Herts / Bucks / Devon
Pike - Kent
Pay - Kent
Swan/Swaine - Herts / London
Bissenden - Kent
Chappell - Herts
Hammond - Essex

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Sunday 20 December 20 09:18 GMT (UK) »
As far as I am aware there are no regulations about wearing masks outside so nobody is doing anything wrong.

I am so very annoyed about the christmas rule change so late in the day when all plans had been made, why build up hope and expectation only to dash it at the last minute - much better to have said at the beginning of the month that there would be no meeting up except on christmas day.

I know there is a new variant but I feel that it is those only slightly breaking the rules who are to blame for this latest debacle - the ones letting the odd people into their house for a few minutes etc.  I really have not broken a single guideline and have remained isolated as much as possible and yet I am being punished.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

guest189040

« Reply #31 on: Sunday 20 December 20 10:34 GMT (UK) »
I would not want to wish any harm on anyone but have these demonstrators realised by not masking up the germs can be taken home and spread to the family, they all want their heads knocking together

Louisa Maud

Only one problem with that comment Louisa Maud.

It implies that there is some intelligence in there that will be awoken by a good knock about the head.

When I offered to send a stout piece if 4x2 timber hor him to knock sense into our Company Accountant he asked if I put some large 6 in nails in the timber as any strike to the Accountant’s head has to penetrate a great distance before it could reach the pea sized brain.

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Sunday 20 December 20 10:53 GMT (UK) »
It’s all someone else’s fault, isn’t it.

Tier two rules;

You may not meet socially indoors with friends or family unless you live with them or are part of a bubble.

Ring any bells

Mike

Added, 68 people infected in 10 days in Australia as a result of a cup of tea in a bowls club

Offline antiquesam

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 20 December 20 10:54 GMT (UK) »
My wife and i have been married for forty five years and having tried spending Christmas abroad, in UK hotels and going out to a restaurant for lunch we much enjoy staying at home, just the two of us, with a special meal and a log fire in the hearth. No change for us then.
Having said that I do feel for those spending Christmas all alone. My mother died in my first term at University, my father was away at sea and we disposed of the house. I spent that Christmas in a cold and miserable student house alone and was very unhappy.
Coomber, Scrimgeour, Shiel, Thiel,

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 20 December 20 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Nobody is being punished, the effort is geared to keeping folk alive and out of the clutches of the grim reaper.
 Xmas was never going to be Xmas this year anyhow. What does it matter, it will be history in a week.

Skoosh.

Offline roopat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 20 December 20 11:27 GMT (UK) »
Nobody is being punished, the effort is geared to keeping folk alive and out of the clutches of the grim reaper.
 Xmas was never going to be Xmas this year anyhow. What does it matter, it will be history in a week.

Skoosh.

Well said Skoosh. Covid has 'cancelled Christmas' (ridiculous phrase) no one else. Surely most of us saw this coming?
King, Richardson, Hathaway, Sweeney, Young - Chelsea, London
Richardson - Rayne Essex
Steward, Hindry, Hewitt - Norfolk, North Walsham area