Author Topic: A place called Logan?  (Read 1780 times)

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: A place called Logan?
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 20 December 20 21:12 GMT (UK) »
Logan in Northern Utah.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 20 December 20 21:38 GMT (UK) »
Logan in Northern Utah.
I assume that was intended as a joke as it's not in Argyll and it didn't exist in the 1790s.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline DonM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 21 December 20 03:43 GMT (UK) »
Sutherland males - only 33 births from X-1855 recorded.  Kilninian & Kilmore seems to be their preferred turf.  No Andrew's.

There is a family at Lagganulva children of John/Flora Black.  A son John and a son Allan.  John fits the timeframe (1784), better than Allan (1792). Keep in mind there might be an Andrew but his birth/baptism may not have survived or simply lost. 

I'm not suggesting one of these is the person you seek but it might be worth looking for a pensioner and any other Sutherlands and variants.

And finally, its not uncommon for males/females to use a different name.

Don
I have turned off all email notifications, thank you.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 21 December 20 09:41 GMT (UK) »
pwhhh, what else do you know about your Andrew Sutherland and why do you think this one is the most likely candidate to be him?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.