Author Topic: Diary > Monday 21st December  (Read 784 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 21st December
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 December 20 17:24 GMT (UK) »
I don’t suppose I’ll be very fast either especially if I do it in the morning when the brain cells aren’t quite so active!  :)
How do you get it each day do you have to go to the link on the original post?
I’ve joined and they sent me an email to verify but it just takes you to the sites home page....

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Online Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 December 20 22:06 GMT (UK) »
It is on the same link each day l think.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 23 December 20 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Mowsehouse, I saw the Great Conjunction on Monday night (the Southern Hemisphere, east coast of Australia) It was easily seen with the naked eye.

I could just about make out the ring around Saturn with my binoculars, but it was difficult to keep it steady.

My daughter had a telescope and said she could see Jupiter’s five moons and the ring around Saturn. Quite amazing really - puts us and our problems into perspective somewhat I think.

It has been viewable for a number of days but Monday was when the planets were the closest.  :)

Online Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 23 December 20 09:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Ruskie.
Lucky you.
Just one more reason not to be in Uk, because everywhere else on the globe manages everything better.....even the cloud cover!  :'(

I have seen stunning photos, but that's not the same.
Luckily I am realistic enough not to have been expecting clear skies in my part of England at this time of year.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 23 December 20 10:11 GMT (UK) »
You’re very lucky Ruskie to be able to see clearly....like MH just seen pictures... they have said it could still be visible up,to Christmas Eve which would be nice as I think we’ll have clear skies up my end of the country....
Our friends behind us have a large telescope so I’ll bet he’ll see it....in more normal times we’d go round and have a look but sadly not at the moment 😥

Caroline

Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 23 December 20 13:42 GMT (UK) »
We were just lucky mowsehouse - if it had been the next night we wouldn't have seen a thing. But yes, keep an eye out - on a clear night you might spot them.

OH has an app of some sort for his phone which tells you which planet is which. I spotted them immediately, but he had to check his "app" to make sure I was right.  ::)

I had read 'directions' explaining where they would be located and which was which. Apart from the moon there wasn't much else up there.

So frustrating to have a telescope near by that you unable to take advantage of Caroline.  :(