Author Topic: Robina and Samuel Kay  (Read 1106 times)

Offline eileenwilson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Robina and Samuel Kay
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 23 December 20 11:49 GMT (UK) »
Robina and Samuel were married in Weston on October 27, 1928; parents are as noted; Robina is 22, a spinster, working as a domestic; Samuel is 30, a bachelor, working as a carpenter.

Robina took a trip home to Blantyre in 1955 for a six-week visit.  Robina had originally arrived in Canada in 1922 to work as a domestic (c/o Salvation Army).

Offline garydevine

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Great Grandfather Alexander Allison in 1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 08 January 21 23:38 GMT (UK) »
(going to copy and paste this cause both sisters have threads and info has been shared on both)

Hiya,

Thank you so much getting the info for me. I’ve managed to get in touch with Barbaras grandson who’s father passed a couple years ago. I’ve also found a grand daughter of robina as well that I’ve messaged.

I was wondering about passenger lists though if there were more and what ships perhaps they were on

Gary
Hamilton, Lanarkshire - Devine, McGarry, Daisley, McGuire, Mullen, Sheridan, Ford
Blantyre, Lanarkshire - Gibson, Hamill, McInulty
Avondale, Strathaven - Mulligan, Dempsey
Glasgow - Sinclair, Allison, McFarlane
Renfrewshire - Allison
Perthshire - Sinclair, Roy, Donaldson
Edinburgh and Caithness Thurso - Sutherland
Edinburgh and Ayrshire - Sheridan

Offline garydevine

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Great Grandfather Alexander Allison in 1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 19 April 21 18:03 BST (UK) »
Back again!

Is there anyway to find out if Robina came back to Scotland in the mid 1920s, as said before she went to Canada in 1922, but its now come to light that she had an illegitimate daughter Elizabeth Gray in 1927 in Blantyre (Elizabeth Gray married John Scanlan which i previous posted as well so the mystery is solved there on who she is which is why the Gray and Scanlan marriage from 1950 she is also listed as Elizabeth Kay). It was just to find out if there was a possibility that she fell pregnant in Canada and then came home because she had went over because of the Salvation Army in 1922 and maybe was involved with them and if they found out wouldn't approve etc, or if she came home and then fell pregnant

Gary
Hamilton, Lanarkshire - Devine, McGarry, Daisley, McGuire, Mullen, Sheridan, Ford
Blantyre, Lanarkshire - Gibson, Hamill, McInulty
Avondale, Strathaven - Mulligan, Dempsey
Glasgow - Sinclair, Allison, McFarlane
Renfrewshire - Allison
Perthshire - Sinclair, Roy, Donaldson
Edinburgh and Caithness Thurso - Sutherland
Edinburgh and Ayrshire - Sheridan

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 20 April 21 17:58 BST (UK) »

Sorry didn't come across anything else in the time frame.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada