Author Topic: Parents of John Tansley born 1810  (Read 864 times)

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Parents of John Tansley born 1810
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 December 20 15:25 GMT (UK) »
Ancestry suggest it is Bishops transcript.  The one before it is a wedding on 17 Oct 1836 and another Dec 5th of the same year, the one after is February 1839.  Have you noticed the writing at the bottom of those pages and the date of 1852
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline greasey

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 December 20 15:45 GMT (UK) »
No, I didn't notice that.  Is the record genuine?

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 December 20 15:50 GMT (UK) »
It has obviously been submitted to the Bishop at a later date. 

The 1839 marriage that I mentioned shows on the GRO index in 1839 so that record was obviously submitted to the registrar as it should have been
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline greasey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 22 December 20 16:12 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for clarifying that.  I must go now, but iam grateful for your help.  Until tomorrow or next time.  Greasey. :)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 23 December 20 13:20 GMT (UK) »
1851 Census lodging at the same house as John is a HENRY Lansley age 54 (1797).
Age is hard to read. He is a Sawyer also.

FreeREG has a Henry TUNSLEY Bapt Deeping 29 Nov 1817 to WM/ALICE, Father a Carpenter
(siblings are there also)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline greasey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 24 December 20 14:17 GMT (UK) »
Is there 2 John Tansleys?  I thought the one I have in my three on ancestry was baptized in 1810.  Unless he died before the next one was baptized in 1817.  This should be him as his father William was a carpenter.  The surname has just been misspelled.  I will have a look on free reg. :)

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 24 December 20 16:33 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if any of this helps.

Stamford Mercury 30 March 1832
"On the 22nd inst., aged 54, Mrs. Tansley, wife of Mr. Tansley, carpenter, of Deeping St Jamea."

It sounds as though her husband was still alive but some trees have his death as 1821.

However, there is an announcement which gives his occupation as a flax-dresser. A William with that occupation was married to Eliza and had a daughter called Harriot in 1819

Stamford Mercury 29 June 1821
"At the same place (Deeping St James), on the 23d inst, Mr. William Tansley, flax-dresser.

A William and Eliza also had children after 1821. This William was also a flax-dresser or heckler, which means the same.
He probably married Eliza Knight in 1818.
His signature is the same as that of a witness to Catherine Tansley's marriage to John Taylor in 1850. She gave her father as William Tansley, deceased, a publican. Living in Deeping in 1851, she fits the daughter of William and Alice.

Harriet married William Williamson in Deeping in 1851. She gave her father as William, deceased, but I am not sure of his occupation. Eliza was a witness, making a mark. She gave her occupation as the widow of a Heckler in 1851.

Another William, with a different signature, married Ann Kind in 1832. It would be interesting to see which one was a witness to John's marriage on the register, rather than the BT.

David

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 16 January 21 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Quote;
Is there 2 John Tansleys?  I thought the one I have in my three on ancestry was baptized in 1810.  Unless he died before the next one was baptized in 1817.  This should be him as his father William was a carpenter.  The surname has just been misspelled.

I think you misunderstood my post.

The 1817 Bapt was a HENRY Tunsley (Tansley) and there is only 1 JOHN 1810.
Children were;
Wm 1808
John 1810
Sarah 1811
Susanna 1814
Robt 1815
Henry 1817
Cath 1820

William and Alice TORY married 21 Apr 1800 Witham on the Hill
They bapt 4 children there;
Elizabeth 1800
Unnamed Female 1802 (name nited as illegible)
Sastine 1804 (noted as not entirely clear. It is otherwise Sustine or possibly Eustine)
Mary 1807
Abode is Toft on bapts

Alice was buried 22 Mar 1832 Deeping age 54 (1778)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 16 January 21 09:30 GMT (UK) »
FreeREG has the marriage of Robert Tansley 24 Oct 1838 Crowland, Father William a Carpenter.