Author Topic: Diary > Wednesday 23rd December  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
Diary > Wednesday 23rd December
« on: Wednesday 23 December 20 16:52 GMT (UK) »
I'm starting very early, so much bad news today I thought I'd try and lighten things by showing you the painting I did for my Christmas card. Most of the painting was done with an acrylic pouring technique, I hope you like it. Best to open up the attachment to get a full view.
*Edit - I've managed to shrink it a bit now!

(You will see I have copyright marked it as I'm posting it on the internet).
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Diary > Wednesday 23rd December
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 December 20 17:10 GMT (UK) »
As if things not bad enough already (personally speaking) just been announced that we in Suffolk are going from Tier 2 to Tier 4 on Boxing Day.

As one of the 'vulnerable' I've followed every instruction - not even setting foot from my home from 1st lockdown until July (and then only in gardens and socially distanced). Thanks to those that flout the instructions and thereby spread this awful virus I, and others like me, are penalised yet again through no action of ours.

In 3 months it will be a year we've lived with this and thanks to a selfish minority it keeps on spreading.   When you live with a partner or family you are not alone - when you live alone like me you are.   That's the worst bit for me.   Yes you can talk to friends and family via the various technologies but it really doesn't compensate as only 'minutes' in the course of a day.   

As you can tell, this has really got to me today.   In 'normal' times I can get up and go wherever I want, see whoever I want, have visitors when I want and I literally feel like I'm 'chained' to my home.

Sorry to vent on here but got to vent somewhere with others who will understand!

Annette   
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jebber

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Wednesday 23rd December
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 December 20 17:41 GMT (UK) »
I know it’s tough, worse for some people than others, but try and avoid  the  news which only makes one more depressed. Remember you are not alone in that situation and it won’t go on for ever, there will be better times ahead.

I also have been housebound, on my own, since a few days before the first lockdown, in fact the last time I went out was on the 22rd. December last year, if you discount three months in hospital from the 23rd. December.

The best thing is to try and keep occupied. I do crosswords, read a lot thanks to the availability of books from the CloudLibrary, and keep in touch by telephone and Zoom. In fact some days I feel guilty because wish the phone would stay quiet.  Then there is Family History to tax the  Brain, I don’t have to feel guilty about the time spent doing those things, as I would have done under normal circumstances  ;D ;D
CHOULES All ,  COKER Harwich Essex & Rochester Kent 
COLE Gt. Oakley, & Lt. Oakley, Essex.
DUNCAN Kent
EVERITT Colchester,  Dovercourt & Harwich Essex
GULLIVER/GULLOFER Fifehead Magdalen Dorset
HORSCROFT Kent.
KING Sturminster Newton, Dorset. MONK Odiham Ham.
SCOTT Wrabness, Essex
WILKINS Stour Provost, Dorset.
WICKHAM All in North Essex.
WICKHAM Medway Towns, Kent from 1880
WICKHAM, Ipswich, Suffolk.

Offline oldfashionedgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 December 20 18:14 GMT (UK) »
Wow Roobarb that’s amazing, I just love it. I have read with interest you talking about the acrylic pour technique and couldn’t imagine how it would look. I kept meaning to look it up online but I’m glad I didn’t as seeing yours first is inspiring. It’s very atmospheric.

It’s really cheered me up and inspired me to have a go, I’m sure I have all I need . Something to look forward to in the next lockdown.

Happy Christmas

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 23 December 20 18:23 GMT (UK) »
As if things not bad enough already (personally speaking) just been announced that we in Suffolk are going from Tier 2 to Tier 4 on Boxing Day.

As one of the 'vulnerable' I've followed every instruction - not even setting foot from my home from 1st lockdown until July (and then only in gardens and socially distanced). Thanks to those that flout the instructions and thereby spread this awful virus I, and others like me, are penalised yet again through no action of ours.

In 3 months it will be a year we've lived with this and thanks to a selfish minority it keeps on spreading.   When you live with a partner or family you are not alone - when you live alone like me you are.   That's the worst bit for me.   Yes you can talk to friends and family via the various technologies but it really doesn't compensate as only 'minutes' in the course of a day.   

As you can tell, this has really got to me today.   In 'normal' times I can get up and go wherever I want, see whoever I want, have visitors when I want and I literally feel like I'm 'chained' to my home.

Sorry to vent on here but got to vent somewhere with others who will understand!

Annette   

I don't think this strain is simply all about those flouting instructions (as much as it really annoys me that they do) as much as it seems to be very easily transmissable in the under 16 age group and they have all been encouraged to attend school since September.  They are asymptomatic with it but transmit it when they get home.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 23 December 20 18:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your kind words OFG, I'm very pleased that you like it so much.  :) I hope you enjoy having a go at acrylic pour, it's very therapeutic, also very messy so make sure you cover up anything that might get splashed!
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 23 December 20 19:19 GMT (UK) »
Oh dear it's happened again!   I checked the board before starting a new topic for 23rd.December - whilst I was typing it Roobarb started topic and posted at 16.52 - my own posted 18 minutes later at 17.10.   

Have asked moderator to merge mine with this thread.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline candleflame

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 23 December 20 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Well done with your painting Roobarb .
North East of England

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 23 December 20 21:15 GMT (UK) »
It’s a stunning painting Roobarb and I absolutely love it... you’re very clever and I’m sure all those who’ve received this as a Christmas card will be delighted...if it were me I’d frame it...
It looks a real fun way of painting and everyone should have a go.. well done..

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK