Author Topic: Diary > Wednesday 23rd December  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Wednesday 23rd December
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 24 December 20 00:49 GMT (UK) »
Carol - thanks for your care about all us Brits... we would have less of an issue if people did as requested ... travelling previously all over the place and being relied on to self isolate when they got home which apparently only 11% have...
Sounds like you’ve got the right idea staying home away from crowds ... I do wonder what makes people tick sometimes! Everyone just goes manic at this time of year as if it’s Armageddon not Christmas...
You take care of yourself too and we’ll all try to do that here...
Glad Santa’s been given the all clear otherwise my two grandsons would be devastated!

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 24 December 20 01:08 GMT (UK) »
Your vegetables will be thankful Carol.  :D Have a good day.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 24 December 20 01:16 GMT (UK) »
I don't think it matters where you live someone will always think it won't get me. ::)
It only takes one to muck it up for everyone else.

My Mum was born in Aldershot, My nan Leeds and my Pop New Shildon so I guess I got a bit of English blood in me.
Stay safe. Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline carol80

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Edwin Stonehouse 1906-1970
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 24 December 20 01:19 GMT (UK) »
Baby potatoes just dug out of garden ready for tomorrow. Strawberries picked. Beans picked. Nothing left to do but relax.
Merry Christmas
Carol
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Stonehouse(York,Durham,Canada)Laurie(Scotland,York)Biddiss(All)Love(Scotland,Australia) Byers(Durham)Demaine(York)Dennison(York)Raine(Durham)Jefferson(Durham)Muir(Durham)
Johnston (Scotland)Hunter(Scotland)Johnson(York)
and many more.

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 24 December 20 11:06 GMT (UK) »
Just made some sense in the spare bedroom ,where all the presents are waiting to be wrapped, sadly now no rush as Suffolk is now Tier 4 so Flash
Harry won’t be up to see other Nanny ,his Mummy’s mother, and me .
We were going to go for a walk in the cemetery as they would not be coming in .
But never mind ,the more we isolate the quicker this will be beaten.
Drs phoned this morning to say my first vaccination on 29 th ( the vaccine is not getting through  ) is cancelled, so also the second one .
Well that iis a worry ,but I must just be patient.
A quick dust and vac and mince pies to make and a bath and bed ,remembering to take out of the oven the last batch!
Forgot one year but was drugged  up as had a really sore throat.
A sunny frosty day ,no birds fighting this morning , daughter’s card has come, she was so busy with getting everything right for work and furloughing her staff ,so they were alright over Christmas she had no time to write them.
She does look after the lads.They are like a family .
Flash Harry  loves to be with them but is missing all that now.
Well finish my coffee and vac round, it has a new hose,the other was split deep inside so not picking up well ,Dyson Roller ball ,much better  thanks  to son who repaired it for me with new hose.
It is what you have kids for! ;)
Well a very peaceful and safe Christmas to you all and hopes you can see your families safely in the not too distant future .
Viktoria.

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 24 December 20 12:15 GMT (UK) »
Well done all, lots of fighting spirit and I am proud of you all.
Sorry to admit yesterday I just sat and cried.... one minor thing on top of another and another, added to the disgusting handling of the lorry stack in Dover, and all the other bad stuff which has been heaping up in the Uk for months, both personal and vicarious.
And now we find the fabled vaccine is not even getting delivered to Uk.
Excellent.  :'(

Ah well, squared shoulders and a stiffer upper lip today.

Your art work is wonderful Roobarb, I am glad you have it framed.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 24 December 20 13:26 GMT (UK) »
Whilst I didn't cry I sure did feel like it.   You soldier on as best you can and then something, albeit trivial maybe, just sends you over the edge.

I usually go to my sisters on Christmas Eve and stay over 2 nights.   Told her I don't want to do this this year but she is not taking it well.   Lots to talk out yet I fear.

Annette 
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Roobarb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking for that elusive branch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 24 December 20 14:01 GMT (UK) »
MH, I'm so sorry to hear about your tears yesterday, sometimes it's the little things that tip you over the edge. Throughout all this you've been a great support for us all with your wise words and sometimes little quips that made us laugh. I can't promise any of that and I know that written words are not the same as those spoken but I'm sure I speak for us all when I say we're here any time you want to offload.  :-*  Thank you for your kind words about my painting, very much appreciated. 

Caroline, sorry to hear about your friend but a lovely tale too about her four legged friend! What a lovely thing to have your mum's tree and to enjoy your memories of her when you look at it. I've recorded the programme you mentioned, the second episode is on tonight so must remember that. Your baking sounds fantastic, your OH will be spoilt rotten!

Carol, by the time you read this it will be Christmas day and your son's birthday (or later), so wishing you a very happy Christmas and happy birthday to your son.
I checked your surname interests when you said your Pop was born in New Shildon, as my great grandmother was born in Shildon. No names there that are in my tree though.

Viktoria, sorry to hear that your vaccine date is postponed, hope it's not too long before you can get it. What a shame that you won't be seeing FH and other family, you're very strong minded about it all. Let's hope it's not too long before all these get togethers can take place.
Bell, Salter, Street - Devon, Middlesbrough.
Lickess- North Yorkshire, Middlesbrough.
Etherington - North Yorks and Durham.
Barker- North Yorks
Crooks- Durham
Forster- North Yorks/Durham
Newsam, Pattison, Proud - North Yorks.
Timothy, Griffiths, Jones - South Wales

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 24 December 20 14:23 GMT (UK) »
What we all need is a stiff glass of 🍷🥂🍸🍺🍻🥃🍹🍾 or if not a drinker ☕️ Says cheers to one another.... laugh and breath and feel relaxed ( or as much as we can do)....

Viktoria - I’m so sorry to read they’ve cancelled you vaccination you must be spitting feathers.... as you say good job you’d decided not to go to Suffolk in the first place but 😢 you’re not seeing your little FH and family even for a walk....
But you have that true British grit of move on and get on with it....I admire you greatly..... have the best of time you can and wonderful to hear you have such good neighbours so important at this time...

MH- as Roobarb says you’ve kept us all going too with you wisdom, kindness and little quips....it’s ok to have those times when you sit and cry... feel like screaming or jumping up and down... I think we’ve all had them over these past months... I hope today you’re feeling a little better and can face the world....

It would be sooo nice to think that as we’ve all stuck together through thick and thin over this year that to meet face to face would be such a great thing to be able to do....I know that the logistics of that would be ni on impossible but it does one good to dream sometimes...

At this time of year and with all this further demoralising news were all bound to feel low.... but we are here for one another if not in person then verbally... take heart dear friends....

I wish you all the very best and look forward to a brighter New Year...

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK