Author Topic: William Bastard - Preston North Shields  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Lisa8thompson

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William Bastard - Preston North Shields
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 31 December 20 09:30 GMT (UK) »
RTL, yes I beleive he will be buried in Preston, I'm awaiting a response from the cemetery to see if they can confirm for me. If not I will double check when things start opening up again.
As for his birth the only thing I can see so far is o ly it was at the cemetery, hopefully a BC will have more Info on the location.

Radcliff, that would be fab thank you!
It would be Interesting to see if it's them  :)

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 31 December 20 09:40 GMT (UK) »
What I mean is I suspect Robert will be in the grave of his parents perhaps, but just not recorded on death on the memorial shown here:

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/215275801/william-bastard/photo

I could check for you when the local studies opens again eventually.
I do believe have seen the photo Radcliff mentions, but I can't recall where I saw it.  It will be great to hopefully see the photo again on here.
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 31 December 20 10:22 GMT (UK) »
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline Lisa8thompson

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 31 December 20 10:25 GMT (UK) »
Radcliff, thank you so much for sharing!!

I wonder if that is William and his wife Margaret?

I don't beleive Robert ever married.

What a fabulous photo!

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 31 December 20 10:29 GMT (UK) »
Radcliff, thank you so much for sharing!!

I wonder if that is William and his wife Margaret?

I don't beleive Robert ever married.

What a fabulous photo!
it isn't my photo Discover North Tyneside have some fabulous photo's in their collections, some are on Flickr free to view and download, if you can contact them when they reopen I am sure they will be happy to help,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 31 December 20 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Yes, thanks for sharing.  Wonderful to see an old local photo like this.  This is the one I have seen in the past somewhere.  I agree it is fabulous! :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 31 December 20 12:09 GMT (UK) »
Looking at the photo I wonder where exactly in the cemetery this old lodge would have been.  Looking at the high railings and wall it doesn't look like the current front entrance appearance.  It doesn't look like North Lodge in the grounds by Section E consecrated..  I wonder if this is from Preston Cemetery or Old Tynemouth Cemetery?  Still a wonderful image though wherever it was taken.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 19:46 GMT (UK) »
Looking at the photo I wonder where exactly in the cemetery this old lodge would have been.  Looking at the high railings and wall it doesn't look like the current front entrance appearance.  It doesn't look like North Lodge in the grounds by Section E consecrated..  I wonder if this is from Preston Cemetery or Old Tynemouth Cemetery?  Still a wonderful image though wherever it was taken.
it is indeed Tynemouth General cemetery just double checked bombed during the war

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for checking Radcliff.  I think William was likely to have lived in North Lodge, beside section E and not far from the crematorium.  Nowadays it appears to be an unused building.  Here is a link about this:

http://www.prestontownship.org.uk/preston_cemetery