Author Topic: Diary > Monday 28th December  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Monday 28th December
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 31 December 20 04:16 GMT (UK) »

Offline Nanna52

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Edwin WB Vincent, my actor, (1881-1940)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Thursday 31 December 20 06:52 GMT (UK) »
I don’t comment on this thread either, but thought I would give this to Viktoria for consideration.
We played it at my ex husbands funeral.  The look on the peoples faces was comical.  They finished up playing it twice and taking a copy for others with Goon fanatics.

https://youtu.be/33-fVsL5Kdc
James -Victoria, Australia originally from Keynsham, Somerset.
Janes - Keynsham and Bristol area.
Heale/Hale - Keynsham, Somerset
Vincent - Illogan/Redruth, Cornwall.  Moved to Sculcoates, Yorkshire; Grass Valley, California; Timaru, New Zealand and Victoria, Australia.
Williams somewhere in Wales - he kept moving
Ellis - Anglesey

Gedmatch A327531

Offline kiwihalfpint

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Women and Cats will do as they please
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Thursday 31 December 20 07:15 GMT (UK) »
I don’t comment on this thread either,  Viktoria is a ray of sunshine, a friend you wish you had in your circle of friends, well I guess she is, in the Rootschat community!  :-*

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Caw1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Joyce Irene Harriss 1920 - 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 31 December 20 08:48 GMT (UK) »
 Viktoria- you have made me laugh till I cried...
. you are such a breath of fresh air...
How could anyone feel down when reading you wonderful posts....
Thank you for that...
I too would like to come to your trial run ... if only to see you sit up and say ‘ I’ve changed my mind...🤣🤣🤣🤣

Caroline
Guy - UK,USA
Bangerter -UK,Australia,Switzerland
Harriss - UK, Australia
Merrall - UK
Swinnock - UK
Lloyd - UK

Offline River Tyne Lass

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 31 December 20 10:43 GMT (UK) »
It almost goes without saying .. I am in Viktoria's fan club too! :)
Conroy, Fitzpatrick, Watson, Miller, Davis/Davies, Brown, Senior, Dodds, Grieveson, Gamesby, Simpson, Rose, Gilboy, Malloy, Dalton, Young, Saint, Anderson, Allen, McKetterick, McCabe, Drummond, Parkinson, Armstrong, McCarroll, Innes, Marshall, Atkinson, Glendinning, Fenwick, Bonner

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 31 December 20 10:47 GMT (UK) »
Well, thanks everyone, I have just stopped laughing,well almost, at the clips.
The Goons themselves and also my Dad who could not see them as funny ,
to him Goons were German Prisoner of war camp guards .
He saw nothing at all funny in curly bald headed wigs .
Whilst I was doubled up laughing and my sister too.
I don’t know what it is really but if you are comical and funny you always have friends , I was “ different “ when I returned to industrial Manchester after being in rural Shropshire for years ,so if I made people - especially at school - laugh I fitted in.
I see the funny side of most things and my M in L was quite funny and in a family of three boys and a little girl there were hilarious moments .
Just an example ,my OH and older brother passed the time often by lining up tin cans on a fence and throwing stones at them.
Thet had really good aim but were under pain of death should they ever throw at people or animals.
They both played in the school’s football team, a team that usually won a Schoolboy s’ cup .
Their nearest rival team ‘s school was on their way to school ,and one morning the brothers were subjected to a bombardment of stones from the rival school’s yard .
The throwers reported that the brothers had thrown first ,this would have resulted in them being withdrawn from the team,and the big match was very near.The Head also reported them to the Police .

Home for mid day meal and a Policeman was waiting for them with their mother, he asked about the incident ,both denied it and said it was a ploy on the part of the rival team to get them off their school ‘s team so it had less chance of winning .” Well” said the P.C.the Head said you threw and just missed hitting one boy “
“ Oh,well “ said  their  Mum, “ It can’t have been these two because they never miss !”  ;D ;D ;D ;D
They said to the PC they truly hadn’t as it would have meant their Head would have withdrawn them and they knew it ,and the team needed them and they did not want to let the school down .
Min L again” Besides, they would not be playing football or anything else if they had aimed at a person , their Dad would  have “ warmed their legs” .
A euphemism for a good tanning !
Marry into a family like that and it is pretty good fun.
She is the one who for the first time in her life was on a cross channel ferry ,a Belgian one.
Asked for a cup of tea and then complained there was a sea slug or something in it and it was undrinkable  - it was the first time she had encountered  a tea bag !
Cheerio .Viktoria,I am still trying to send the little recording of my daughter playing Brahms’ Lullaby
How do I include it in a reply?
It goes nowhere if I put RootsChat .Com as address ,I want to include it in a post ,but have no link.
V.