Author Topic: Locating burial and cremation records using Deceased Online - Xmas special offer  (Read 3076 times)

Offline Gossypium

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Dear All

Here is a good offer:

Deceased Online  https://www.deceasedonline.com/  is a great way of locating burial and cremation records from over 30 million records from over 1,000 locations across the UK, continually being updated by cemeteries and crematoria, and until January 4th, is offering its pay-per-view vouchers on a Buy One Get One Free basis.  If you buy £5 to £25 worth of vouchers, and click "add to basket" and then click "add promotions code" and enter MERRYCHRISTMAS and click "add to basket" then complete your voucher purchase and your free vouchers will be added to your account.

Happy New Year!

Nick

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
Re: Locating burial and cremation records using Deceased Online - Xmas special offer
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 December 20 13:22 GMT (UK) »
Those vouchers are ideal for those who only want to do a few look ups.  DO t&c's do not allow you to do them for other people. 

D.O say -
The basic annual subscription, now called 'Silver', will remain at £89. However, we have introduced a limit of 450 record views for this subscription.   

Wouldn't that be a better option if you are prepared to spend that sort of money. The sub is for 12 months how long are the vouchers valid for.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Gossypium

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Locating burial and cremation records using Deceased Online - Xmas special offer
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 December 20 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Yes, you are quite right, the silver subscription is better value than buying £50 worth of vouchers so the Xmas Special Offer of buy one voucher get one free will appeal to those who expect to have less usage.

Offline Chris Doran

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 December 20 15:43 GMT (UK) »
I don't see anything on their email about the offer that says you have to by £50-worth. The example they give shows someone buying just one, but perhaps it's in the small print somewhere.

The vouchers expire after 6 months but old ones get extended of you buy more within that period.

The annual sub doesn't cover maps or photo collections, for which you still need vouchers.

On the subject of maps, be aware that most of the ones that have been passed to me "to help you find the grave" are just nicely-redrawn versions of the section maps usually free online, from the office, or on a noticeboard at the gate and do NOT show the positions of individual graves. There was one exception that might have come from DO as it used the same colour scheme, but even that omitted unmarked ones in a common graves area.
Researching Penge, Anerley, (incuding the Crystal Palace) and neighbouring parts of Beckenham, currently in London (Bromley), formerly Surrey and/or Kent.

Offline Gossypium

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 December 20 16:00 GMT (UK) »
You can buy any number of vouchers you like, the options offered are £5, £10, £25 or £50.

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 29 December 20 16:18 GMT (UK) »
I don't see anything on their email about the offer that says you have to by £50-worth. The example they give shows someone buying just one, but perhaps it's in the small print somewhere.

I think Gossyplum has now changed their original post from suggesting a £50 purchase  :)

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Marmaduke 123

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 29 December 20 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks. I find Deceased Online useful at times, so I've stocked up using this offer. As an occasional user I wouldn't have known about it otherwise.
Halifax/Huddersfield area West Yorkshire
Monmouthshire, Gloucestershire, Berkshire and nearby areas.
Bilcliffe one name study all areas.