Author Topic: Unbelievable  (Read 3353 times)

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Unbelievable
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Yes and I did say it is ill-judged.

I suppose as this is a forum frequented by the elderly I should expect to hear these kind of views non-stop but the pervading view that everybody else should have their lives governed by a desire to keep the elderly alive really makes my blood boil.

Do what you each can and want and let others do the same.  It must really really cause most of you a good deal of angst to constantly have all this pent up frustration that actually you can't do anything about.

I gave that attitude up some time ago.

Pheno
Austin/Austen - Sussex & London
Bond - Berkshire & London
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Nevitt - Cheshire & Staffordshire
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline Gone

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 15:02 GMT (UK) »
Yes and I did say it is ill-judged.

I suppose as this is a forum frequented by the elderly I should expect to hear these kind of views non-stop but the pervading view that everybody else should have their lives governed by a desire to keep the elderly alive really makes my blood boil.

Do what you each can and want and let others do the same.  It must really really cause most of you a good deal of angst to constantly have all this pent up frustration that actually you can't do anything about.

I gave that attitude up some time ago.

Pheno
I'm proud to have reached this age, although not quite elderly, and I'm proud that I have an opinion which errs on the side of caution.
OK, so we have to stay close to home for a year, that's one sixty sixth of my life so far. A small price to pay to stay covid free and not risk infecting others with who knows what consequence

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 15:13 GMT (UK) »
In my opinion we each have to do what we have to do, none of us want this awful virus that can kill any of us off, having had a relation aged 68 with no underlying medical conditions die it makes me think.
I believe most want this vaccination and are welcoming it, I am not keen but will have it if it prolongs my life and keeps my loved ones safe, I might be a senior citizen but I see no reason to give up on my life now by not having the vaccination , I have more living to do, more people to annoy and to get as much pension as I can from whomever is PM,  I do not believe that people won't have it even if their relations die because of it, BUT we do have a   choice, I just hope all concerned make the right choice to prolong their lives and others

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 15:21 GMT (UK) »
Yet more areas put into tier 4 (3/4 of the population) , hopefully people will take notice and Stay At Home.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Gone

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 15:24 GMT (UK) »
Yet more areas put into tier 4 (3/4 of the population) , hopefully people will take notice and Stay At Home.

Sandra
Absolutely 👍

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 15:40 GMT (UK) »
I just hope all concerned make the right choice to prolong their lives and others

Louisa Maud

Your perception of the right choice for you - not for everybody.  Please do not try and tell us all what to do.

Pheno
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Wray - Yorkshire

Online LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 15:41 GMT (UK) »

This is NOT against any regulations or guidance so they are not morons - it is more moronic to keep suggesting they are.  You think it is something they shouldn't be doing but why should we observe your rules/reg.

To drive hundreds of miles is very ill-judged but to drive locally to walk is fine.

people who succumb to it, even if that includes themselves or their loved ones. Please don't go thinking that you are doing it the only way - the right way.  There are plenty who think differently.

Do what you want and feel the need to do and stop berating those who do what they want within the guidelines.

Pheno

It is NOT MY rules. It is the law in England if you live in a Tier 4 area to STAY AT HOME except for a few essential reasons. The Welsh police stated some of the people they "engaged with" with were from the South east and Hertfordshire. Hertfordshire is in Tier 4. The law couldn't be simpler - if you live in Tier 4 you are breaking the law to travel 200 miles because you feel like a day out in another country
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline Pheno

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 15:44 GMT (UK) »
See reply #34

You can leave home by car for exercise in Tier 4 but stay local.

Pheno
Bishop - Sussex & Kent
Holland - Essex
Wray - Yorkshire

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 15:44 GMT (UK) »
We've been really careful, followed all rules, the very worst thing we've done is what we call "scenic route" to and from supermarket - quite simply to maintain battery charge in main car. Second car's battery ended up completely flat some months back, through very limited use, and was very tedious to charge up again, so supermarket is approached by one route and returned from by another, no stops on way, but at least we can get the car started!
No visits, no visitors, mere chats over fence (distanced easily: we both sides have beds against fences), no outings, certainly no town centre shopping expeditions, absolutely aching for a good browse round a real bookshop, starting to dream about it... but no, won't risk it. Pharma's right, and not for the first time. You can't be too careful. And if you are out and about, even locally, you may find it hard to avoid idiots! In supermarkets I've actually spoken to people about crowding me, (and usually they're the ones with masks like off-duty nosebags, hanging round their chins!) and got very negative respoonses.
Drat! We're back in higher tier, and I forgot to get my hair cut in time!
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)