Author Topic: Diary > Tuesday 29th December  (Read 982 times)

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Tuesday 29th December
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 17:02 GMT (UK) »
250 million years.
Mind blowing!!
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Online DianaCanada

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 21:43 GMT (UK) »
Don't think you could have driven over Dartmoor and missed the Tors. The sticking up lumps of rock are fairly noticeable, but maybe no one pointed them out?
You remind me that we visited the salt mine at Krakow.
A most astonishing place of vast underground caves and marvellous sculptures carved from the salt.
There was even quite a large brass band playing while we were down there.

I think I must have seen them, was in a car with my mother and an old friend of hers and they were probably nattering away about anything but granite tors  :).
A brass band in a salt mine - that would be something to see!

Offline Mowsehowse

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 22:01 GMT (UK) »
Called the Wieliczka salt mine if you want to look it up.
BORCHARDT in Poland/Germany, BOSKOWITZ in Czechoslovakia, Hungary + Austria, BUSS in Baden, Germany + Switzerland, FEKETE in Hungary + Austria, GOTTHILF in Hammerstein + Berlin, GUBLER, GYSI, LABHARDT & RYCHNER in Switzerland, KONIG & KRONER in Germany, PLACZEK, WUNSCH & SILBERBERG in Poland.

Also: ROWSE in Brixham, Tenby, Hull & Ramsgate. Strongman, in Falmouth. Champion. Coke. Eame/s. Gibbons. Passmore. Pulsever. Sparkes in Brixham & Ramsgate. Toms in Cornwall. Waymoth. Wyatt.

Offline pharmaT

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 31 December 20 09:25 GMT (UK) »
Well today I had to chase the bin lorry.  Was completely convinced that it was Monday so hadn't put the bin out yet. They thought it was hilarious, I was mortified but bin was almost full so would have caused a waste issue waiting another 3 weeks.

Was reduced to sobbing just by watching the trailer for the new series of Casualty.  I usually watch it but don't know if I'm mentally up to it this weekend.  Yes, I know I'm being weak.

Then in tears again after being told that I'm lazy, selfish and irresponsible because my colleagues and I have days off and a lunch break.  I realise I'm coming from a selfish viewpoint but can someone explain why it is seen as desirable for someone who's worked 100s of 12hr shifts in a row to be making life and death decisions?
Campbell, Dunn, Dickson, Fell, Forest, Norie, Pratt, Somerville, Thompson, Tyler among others