Author Topic: Oxford vaccine APPROVED  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Oxford vaccine APPROVED
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 18:40 GMT (UK) »
Just heard that there's a world shortage of the vials that  hold the vaccines so that is one of the reason s for a slower roll out than hoped.

I'm sure this was raised as a possible problem months ago. I remember seeing a piece on tele of a factory in Wrexham with little glass vials going along a production line.

(critical path analysis needed globally)

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline hanes teulu

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 20:22 GMT (UK) »
critical path analysis

Critical path analysis + PERT - haven't heard those terms in years. In the early seventies they dominated my working day.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 20:31 GMT (UK) »

Critical path analysis + PERT - haven't heard those terms in years. In the early seventies they dominated my working day.

snap  ;D
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 21:41 GMT (UK) »
Just heard that there's a world shortage of the vials that  hold the vaccines so that is one of the reason s for a slower roll out than hoped.

Can they not be sterilised and re-used? 
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline BushInn1746

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Family's Links 19th Cent
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 22:49 GMT (UK) »
I’m with gadget on this .... having listened to the briefing I felt a little uneasy that they didn’t seem positive regarding the percentage of efficacy.
There don’t seem to have been large numbers of older people used as participants in the trials...
I think I’d like a little more positivity...
I was also a little surprised that distancing, face coverings etc would be required for longer even after the 22 days from the first injection....
Having said all this I think I’m still going to have it!

Caroline

Hello Caroline

In any drugs and vaccines, there is a difference between Approval and "Emergency Approval", so it is continue with distancing and masks etc., keep safe. This was a new novel virus and a changing one too.

Also I think the new SARS-CoV-2 variant is on their minds, as they referred to the S gene dropout.

The European Centre For Disease Control (ecdc.europa.eu) has the UK Executive Summary (mentioning S gene dropout) and there are huge challenges for Scientists to get and keep in front of a changing situation.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/publications-data/threat-assessment-brief-rapid-increase-sars-cov-2-variant-united-kingdom

Mark

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 30 December 20 22:56 GMT (UK) »

(critical path analysis needed globally)
Or even a basic Gantt chart

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile