Author Topic: John Cameron  (Read 3318 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: John Cameron
« Reply #54 on: Saturday 02 January 21 15:12 GMT (UK) »
But does Ellen state she's a widow in 1901 which would be more accurate than a child who didn't live with her parents?

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 02 January 21 18:46 GMT (UK) »
Sister Margaret was the first to head off to NSW? https://clan-cameron.org.au/genealogy/familygroup.php?familyID=F35511&tree=cameron1

With so many heading of them (Ellen, William, Alexander and Moya and Margaret it seems) heading off to Australia, there is always the possibility that James too headed off there in the period following Alan's birth. I am sure that you have exhausted your searches there though.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Saturday 02 January 21 19:39 GMT (UK) »
Patrick Rock's marriage to Moya Cameron shows John Cameron as father in Feb 1921 - no mention of deceased, so I presume he was alive then.

I think it's possible Moya didn't know & probably left blank in the absence of that knowledge?

Annie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Saturday 02 January 21 19:56 GMT (UK) »
When James Cameron (born 1886 Kinning Pk Glasgow) married in 1916 in Ireland the local papers reported the marriage and stated that his father John was deceased and from Beauly inverneshire. I haven't been able to find a death record for him but more interestingly is that also states his mother Ellen (Green) Cameron was living inTroon.  It's possible that they were living there or she moved there when he died. Like John, I haven't been able to find a death notice.

Sorry I'm back at your opening question as I was about to read through everything again to see what we've missed?

I think what we're missing which has been mentioned, James was last born i.e. can you please transcribe the details of address & John's occupation & who registered the birth from his BC?

For others following a connected post for reference..

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=733716.0

Annie