Author Topic: Thomas Houghton caballero  (Read 957 times)

Offline Gibel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Houghton caballero
« Reply #18 on: Friday 01 January 21 19:57 GMT (UK) »
Thomas of the photo, his siblings Cedric and Margaret where the children of George born about 1810 in Preston. Was your Thomas born about 1816 George’s brother?

Offline JuliaVernon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 02 January 21 11:47 GMT (UK) »
Fabulous information, thank you.
Certainly not my ancestor then - or at least being unmarried adds to the other weight of evidence. But perhaps a cousin to Agnes Houghton, my 2xgreat-grandmother. And perhaps the daftness of the pose - after Velasquez - and the early death - led to the photo being preserved.
Agnes also died young, 1863, leaving my great-grandmother and her baby sister orphaned.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 02 January 21 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Did you miss my restores then Julia  :-\
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline JuliaVernon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 02 January 21 13:57 GMT (UK) »
So sorry Carol! They are great, thank you. A lot of posts came through at once, I had difficulty processing it all!
I've also been exploring other aspects of RootsChat, I may spend the whole of lockdown here  ;D

Offline josey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 02 January 21 14:06 GMT (UK) »
Not just lockdown - it's easy to spend a lot of one's life here!! Helpful friends galore  ;) and occasionally friends to help.
Seeking: RC baptism Philip Murray Feb ish 1814 ? nr Chatham Kent.
IRE: Kik DRAY[EA], PURCELL, WHITE: Mea LYNCH: Tip MURRAY, SHEEDY: Wem ALLEN, ENGLISHBY; Dub PENROSE: Lim DUNN[E], FRAWLEY, WILLIAMS.
87th Regiment RIF: MURRAY
ENG; Marylebone HAYTER, TROU[W]SDALE, WILLIAMS,DUNEVAN Con HAMPTON, TREMELLING Wry CLEGG, HOLLAND, HORSEFIELD Coventry McGINTY
CAN; Halifax & Pictou: HOLLAND, WHITE, WILLIAMSON

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 02 January 21 14:12 GMT (UK) »
Absolutely...it's very addictive. Especially seeing your damaged photos brought back to life  :D
That's what brought me here in the first place, then I bought the software and started doing other peoples' photos...that was 14 years ago this month  ;D ;D
Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

Offline JuliaVernon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 02 January 21 14:33 GMT (UK) »
I've wanted to ask - what software do you use?

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Saturday 02 January 21 14:48 GMT (UK) »
I used Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 but you can get "Gimp" photo editing programme free to start you off before you buy a more advanced programme. I haven't used it but I have seen good results from some who have:

www.gimp.org

Carol

Offline JuliaVernon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 02 January 21 16:04 GMT (UK) »
I have played with gimp before, but not got to grips with it. Could be the moment... Or perhaps leave it in the hands of experts   :)