Author Topic: John Molloy (convict??)  (Read 4359 times)

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Molloy (convict??)
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 21 January 21 23:58 GMT (UK) »
You have death certificate for John MOLLOY...and wife Hannah MOLLOY.

For each, can you please list all the information. It will be useful to see names of children, also informant named.

Two marriage certificates for them......what names do you see for witnesses?

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 22 January 21 00:33 GMT (UK) »

Is this your family?

Wellington Times 1 May 1919 p3
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/143230444?

..... The schoolmaster was named DALEY, and he used to keep the school near Matthew's Hotel. I
forgot to say that the store was kept by M O'SHEA. There was a blacksmith named John MOLLOY. He afterwards shifted over to Wellington when that place began to go ahead.......

Australian Star 3 Dec 1902 p1
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/228938103?
MOLLOY. — December 1, at his residence, 364 Bourke-street, Surry Hills, John
Henry, eldest son of John MOLLOY, of Mudgee, aged 48 years.

The Maitland Mercury and Hunter River General Advertiser 20 Nov 1879 p2
https://trove.nla.gov.au/search/advanced/category/newspapers?
.......death.....at Sydney of Miss Margaret MOLLOY, second daughter of the late John MOLLOY, of Mudgee........eighteen years of age....typhoid fever,

Australian Town and Country Journal 30 Jul 1881 p41
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/70958463?
STEWART-MOLLOY.-At Gulgong, by the Rev. J. O'Donovan, John STEWART, of Gulgong, to Frances, eldest daughter of the late John MOLLOY, of Mudgee.

Sydney Morning Herald 9 Oct 1897 p1
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/14091706?
MOLLOY.—October 8, at her late residence, 110 Pitt street, Redfern, Hannah MOLLOY, relict of the late John MOLLOY, of Mudgee.

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 22 January 21 01:13 GMT (UK) »

Sydney Morning Herald 23 Sep 1893
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/13913332?

THE FRIENDS of Mrs HANNAH MOLLOY........... her late beloved DAUGHTER, Bessie SUMMERS.....her son's residence. No 5 Union-street Paddington.... Rookwood Cemetery

THE FRIENDS of WILLIAM MOLLOY........sister Bessie SUMMERS

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 22 January 21 18:14 GMT (UK) »
HI wivenhoe
   Yes all of the Trove links you have sent are mine!! Many thanks for that.  List of children found so far per Bathurst Archives = 7

Frederick William, born 7 July 1858, baptised 4 January 1859, son of John Moloy and Hanna McCanna, of Uarby. Witnesses were Michael Brophy and Catherine Brophy. The priest was Callaghan McCarthy. (There is a small town of Uarbry just south of Coolah.) DIED 1933 REDFERN

- Margaret, born 1 February 1861, baptised 31 March 1861, daughter of John Moloy and Hanna McKana, of Mudgee. Witnesses were Michael Lahy and Mary Ann Lahy. The priest was Callaghan McCarthy. DIED 1879

- Elizabeth Mary, born 1 July 1863, baptised 16 August 1863, daughter of John Moloy and Hanna McKanna, of Mudgee. Witnesses were James McGuiness and Catherine Coleman. The priest was Callaghan McCarthy. DIED AS SOMMERS/SUMMERS 1893

- William Charles, born 14 August 1865, baptised 24 September 1865, son of John Moloy and Hannah McKenna, of Mudgee. Witnesses were Michael Daley and Anne Daley. The priest was Callaghan McCarthy. DIED 1898

- Earnest Patrick, born 26 February 1868, baptised 19 April 1868, son of John Molloy and Alice McHannan, of Mudgee. Witnesses were John McHannan and Louisa McHannan. The priest was William C. Nugent. DIED 1932

- Joseph Peter Molloy, born 1 January 1871, baptised 5 February 1871, son of John Molloy and Hannah McKenna, of Mudgee. Witnesses were John Molloy and Margaret Molloy. The priest was John O'Donovan.  DIED 1930

- Walter Henry, born 26 March 1873, baptised 11 May 1873, son of John Molloy and Anne McKenna, of Mudgee. Witness was John Sullivan. The priest was John Dunne. DIED 1941

The children who are not found on the Archives at Bathurst are:-  (Perhaps baptised C of E??)

Frances Mary MOLLOY B 1852 Wellington, died as Johanna Frances STEWART in March 1930.

John Henry Molloy B September 1853 and baptised 9 November 1853 Wellington, this is from family search.  DIED 1902.  Thanks D

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 22 January 21 22:31 GMT (UK) »
Possible birth/baptism:- Anne Frances MOLLOY 20 March 1852 No place given only NSW per family search not on BDM (that I could see).  Father John MOLLOY mother Ann McCANN mother (possibly Hannah McKenna) one of the many variant spellings/errors.

The Frances Mary/aka Anne Frances (Molloy-Stewart) had three children before she married Mr. Stewart. 
1)  1870 in Bathurst Florence Mary McDonald died 1884 as Flora McDonald

2) 1874 Archibald b Gulgong to Anna Frances MOLLOY no dad

3) 1876 Colina Frances b Gulgong to Frances MOLLOY.  She was a teacher and a singer.

Colina Frances McDonald had one child Eileen (Sister Mary MOLLOY) 1905-1984.  She became a nun I think in 1922 and is buried in Wisconsin USA The family rumour was that this Eileen (Sister Mary Molloy) was the illegitimate child of Mark Foy.

Nothing to substantiate this though.  It may be interesting to see her death certificate from the US. 

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 22 January 21 22:49 GMT (UK) »
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/page/1191582

Frances Stewart Funeral notice 1930.  (So many names this lady has).  Hard to keep track. LOL

Buried at Woniora cemetery Sutherland NSW as Johanna Frances Stewart. 

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Friday 22 January 21 22:55 GMT (UK) »
THE Mark Foy,  shopkeeper in Sydney CBD, hotelier, etc, born 1865?  ...  ummm .... let me check my newsletters NEXT weekend  ... I will be at Cooyal   ...

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline haney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday 13 October 21 00:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone I am just about to do some more digging into JOHN MOLLOY per Brothers arrived 1841.  I am just about to contact the Catholic Archives office again in Bathurst see what happens there then have a look around in Monaghan Ireland to see if I can link it all up.  Will keep everyone updated.  Kind regards Dianna

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 14 October 21 06:28 BST (UK) »
Following on wivenhoe's information about Mary M MOLLOY, as well as the thoughts of others, I do believe the one woman Mary made the 2 marriages to men WELLS who were brothers., Their parents being Isaac and Mary.

This obituary for a chap named Isaac Henry WELLS is the son of James and Mary M. (nee MOLLOY)
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/141712537

He was named perhaps for his father's deceased brother.

I do suspect Mary is she of the immigration record, daughter of John and Ann, especially as her parental names on the death index show those names.

Sue
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk