Author Topic: John Molloy (convict??)  (Read 2677 times)

Offline haney

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Molloy (convict??)
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday 30 November 21 01:52 GMT (UK) »
Yes on second thought I agree re Anne McCann etc.  Frustrating when there is lack of records for these people.  How family search found that baptismal record I'll never know.  Anyway will just add it all to the timeline and see where to go from there. Thanks Dianna

Offline wivenhoe

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday 30 November 21 10:49 GMT (UK) »
Did John MOLLOY, died 1875, leave a Will?

Offline haney

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday 30 November 21 18:09 GMT (UK) »

John Molloy Probate.  Notice in the newspaper said it was granted to Hannah Molloy.
Probate file
 NRS-13660-2-[17/1786]-Series 2_1905 | John Molloy Date of death 25 September 1875, Granted on 5 November 1875

Offline haney

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday 22 December 21 20:05 GMT (UK) »
HI Everyone just wanted to give you a little update on the Molloy research so I can wrap things up.  I just received the early baptism of the CATHERINE MOLOY/MOLLOY, parents are John Molloy and Anne DALY.  So looks like another small gap has possibly been filled.  I didn't order the death certificate!

I have made enquiries also at the Wellington FHS and they will get back to me in the new year.

I also made enquiries at the Dubbo library.  A few things were searched there for me, publications etc.  Nothing came up though for any burials etc for Anne/Margaret.  Hopefully more can be found in at Wellington.

So looks like I have nearly come to the end of the research for JOHN Molloy will just have to have some question marks and "possibilities" by the looks of it.  Lucky I have found out what I have though with all of your combined help. 

I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas and a Safe, Healthy 2022.  With thanks and appreciation.  Dianna

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday 22 December 21 20:11 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the up-date. Catherine would have been their first child born in Australia. Sad that they lost so many of their off-spring, so young.

Merry Christmas to you. :)
Milligan - Jardine Glencross Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark Faulds Cuthbertson Bryson Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale Cater Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday 22 December 21 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Great Progress Dianna,

Happy Christmas to you and yours.   May 2022 be full of good health, and lots of family history answers. 

Have you tried this group :  https://dubbofamilyhistory.org.au/   The last time my husband and I were actually in their research room using their resources could be 12 years ago, but we both know that they had quality primary and secondary sources and the people there were knowledgeable and friendly and willing to share.

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline haney

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday 22 December 21 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi JM
Thank you and a wonderful Xmas to you as well!!  I haven't checked out the Dubbo Family History as yet for the Molloy family.  I did contact them a while ago about my own family (Briercliffe/Greer) a while ago, they were as helpful as they could be!

I will see what the Wellington Group come up with in the New Year and take it from there.  Would love to find more details on Charles and Charlotte MOLLOY, where did they end up??  Anyway I hope the Genealogy Angels are smiling down on my research next year!!  LOL.  Thanks for all your amazing input and help.  Kindest wishes Dianna