Author Topic: What do you think . buried or given away.  (Read 3469 times)

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think . buried or given away.
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 02 January 21 15:48 GMT (UK) »
Sandblown, thank you.

something you said about home address,

I had not noticed before on the certs He has been very vague about the address, just said the village .
EXTON, from Rutland, Stamford, Boston, Lincoln. LANES, from Coleby,to Bracebridge Lincoln.WAKEFIELD,PROUDMAN Cheshire and  Stafford.<br />PINDAR, MOORE, ,CHAMBERS mostly from Lincolnshire.
LAING from Elgin ,Scotland.
 HADDELSEY from Caistor,and Grimsby Lincolnshire.                   
 Parfitt, Le Gros ,Le Sueur, from Jersey.
Martin, from Doncaster  to whelyn garden city, London.
BINT, Worchester, in Australian mint.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 02 January 21 16:02 GMT (UK) »
I can see why you are curious, Eilleen.
I think the ‘village’ address would have been acceptable though.

I am curious now - when the information was corrected - was it very different e.g re cause of death.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 02 January 21 16:17 GMT (UK) »
heywood I love it when you get curious.

the certs for the twin that died ?? did not get altered to correct information ,

I think this was not needed , as far as anyone knew He was dead and gone , so His death was registered with all the in correct information, surname name  , incorrect Fathers name and occupation.

the twin that lived , in 1945 his cert was altered vastly , I have also just seen another name mentioned on this one that is suspicious, ?     no end to it.  I just have to check this lady out who went with the Doctor to have cert amended ?
EXTON, from Rutland, Stamford, Boston, Lincoln. LANES, from Coleby,to Bracebridge Lincoln.WAKEFIELD,PROUDMAN Cheshire and  Stafford.<br />PINDAR, MOORE, ,CHAMBERS mostly from Lincolnshire.

Offline Sandblown

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 02 January 21 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Eilleen, the Father's (false) Name and Occupation, on the Birth Certificates, does it actually match with anyone in the near vicinity of the Village ?
Kirkham, Garlick, Worthington, Shaw, Bamber. Fylde Coast
Naylor/Nailor, Lyons, Wilkinson. Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire
Redfern. Cheshire/Derbyshire
LeFebvere, Lincolnshire

Offline DCB

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 02 January 21 16:43 GMT (UK) »
There are trees on Ancestry which give the birth of one child as 31st December and death on 13th January, although the birth was registered on 14th. There is a copy of the birth certificate with notes but difficult to read.

However, a person matching that name seems to have married twice and died in 2016.

The father appears on the 1939 Register but not with the mother. Two names are blanked out but don't follow the father's name, so may not be family. The mother is living elsewhere, possibly with the child, who is blanked out.

There are numerous newspapers mentioning the family, mainly the father's parents, and one in 1940 seems to mention the mother who was wanting to rent or buy a house in Withern, She was living at the same address as the register.

David

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 02 January 21 16:49 GMT (UK) »
DCB

Hello, that is My tree .
I have that one open to public. ( just had to close it, lots of people just taking all pictures and information and making a tree, even though they are not related )  lesson learnt, but a bit late x

Sandblown   The Doctor used his middle name as a surname , put that He was an engineer ?

If you have Ancestry , you can see the bits I have compiled , Dolan family linked to Handel

I have not updated it for a while .x

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Saturday 02 January 21 23:08 GMT (UK) »
What a mystery Eilleen.

Eilleen, the Father's (false) Name and Occupation, on the Birth Certificates, does it actually match with anyone in the near vicinity of the Village ?

My first thought was perhaps the father of the twins was not the husband.

What leads you to believe the second twin may have died? Just because you can’t find his burial doesn’t mean he didn’t. Father could have fibbed about location of burial to placate the mother or other family - perhaps child was buried in a common grave, or slipped into a coffin with someone who was being buried.

If someone was committed to an asylum in those days I would think it not uncommon to fib to the child and tell him the mother had died. Is there any way that you could see her medical records? I know there are restrictions for reasons of privacy, but nok might be entitled to view them after jumping through the appropriate hoops.

I know it will not answer your specific questions, but have you considered DNA testing? If you can find a direct descendant of the mother, the father and the child, who you can get tested, results should prove that the father was the father. It may also give you matches to the other twin who you suspect may have been given away if your theory is true. It is quite possible that an adoptee or their children may have turned to DNA testing to discover their parentage.

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 03 January 21 00:12 GMT (UK) »
My goodness Eilleen,

It's like reading a horror story, quite breath taking & I really hope you find the truth.

"It is quite possible that an adoptee or their children have turned to DNA testing."

Ruskie is right...I have access to my brothers' DNA matches & it's surprising how many adoptees or children of adoptees my brother matches with!

Annie

Add...Do you think the woman who assisted may have 'adopted' the twin who supposedly died?
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Eilleen

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • relax
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 03 January 21 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Rosinish.

Thank you for your interest,

I have over the years tried to trace all leads and idea's ,

working on the idea that He gave one of the babies away , let Me to spend many hours searching families near and far connected to Him, He had many "Lady friends " and that is putting it politely.

The young girl who was there at the births , died young , no children , as far as I can tell .

Ruskie,  the lady who had twins , was a very forceful lady, she had Her son with her right up until being put in a car and taken for a ride in Sept 1944,  to Her surprise she was driven through the gates of the asylum , then forcibly dragged in,  Her son was about 6 ? .

I just need to find early 1939 burial for twin , who may have been buried under false name of Robert Ward.  I do not believe He was buried in consecrated ground , if He died when He was 13 days old, but why write out a death cert if you plan to just dispose of body,       I believe He was given away,  two children were just to much of a shock for the Doctor ! who had plans !  big plans x