Author Topic: Lord Thomas bladgett of Haughley manor  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lord Thomas bladgett of Haughley manor
« Reply #9 on: Monday 04 January 21 23:33 GMT (UK) »
Which Queen Mary - there are quite a few?

Why should he be??

The first Queen Mary of England, I assume, daughter of King Henry & Queen Catherine, unless there was another Mary Tudor around at the time. See my reply 5. The potted history of Haughley House says it came into the ownership of Mary Tudor in 1554 which is at the time Thomas Bladgett was alive. Queen Mary reigned 1553-59. 
Cowban

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 04 January 21 23:46 GMT (UK) »
This is of interest. It's from just a shade later than the dates you're interested in:
https://www.academia.edu/5928539/By_Metes_and_Boundes_rediscovering_the_Survey_of_the_Manor_of_Haughley_c_1554_Updated_edition_2014_

According to this, Queen Mary granted Haughley manor to John Sulyard in 1554 as a reward for loyalty in supporting her claim to the throne against that of Lady Jane Grey.
Who held the manor before John Sulyard? Was it Thomas Bladgett and did he lose it by backing the wrong side in the dynastic struggle for the crown?
Cowban

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 06:47 GMT (UK) »
Which Queen Mary - there are quite a few?

Why should he be??

The first Queen Mary of England, I assume, daughter of King Henry & Queen Catherine, unless there was another Mary Tudor around at the time. See my reply 5. The potted history of Haughley House says it came into the ownership of Mary Tudor in 1554 which is at the time Thomas Bladgett was alive. Queen Mary reigned 1553-59. 
hi is there pictures of where they lived at the time

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 06:58 GMT (UK) »
This is of interest. It's from just a shade later than the dates you're interested in:
https://www.academia.edu/5928539/By_Metes_and_Boundes_rediscovering_the_Survey_of_the_Manor_of_Haughley_c_1554_Updated_edition_2014_

According to this, Queen Mary granted Haughley manor to John Sulyard in 1554 as a reward for loyalty in supporting her claim to the throne against that of Lady Jane Grey.
Who held the manor before John Sulyard? Was it Thomas Bladgett and did he lose it by backing the wrong side in the dynastic struggle for the crown?
that's such a good question and that's something I would love to find out as I don't no much about about them as my 12th grandmother was lady Rose Blodgett I only know this as I'm on ancestry as I took ancestry dna and the much furtheri done my family tree the more dna cousin kept poping up so that's how I know I'm related to lady Rose Blodgett

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 08:25 GMT (UK) »
There are more than 1000 trees on Ancestry with Lady Rose on them.  The first 2 that I looked at had William Foreman as her second husband, and no children from their union.  How does that show up with dna?

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 20:37 GMT (UK) »
garstonite reply 14. Some of that doesn't make sense. E.g. Marriage to Elizabeth Ainsworth in 3 different years. Children on the list born over 30+ years span, eldest ones supposedly children of Thomas & Elizabeth (Ainsworth) but born 2 or 3 decades before the marriage (depending on which of the 3 marriage years is correct) and born when their alleged mother, Elizabeth Ainsworth was a child herself (aged 2 when the eldest child was born  ;D). To sum up, I wouldn't believe anything on that tree without checking each item and finding a source for it.   
Cowban

Offline Maiden Stone

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 20:42 GMT (UK) »

The potted history of Haughley House says it came into the ownership of Mary Tudor in 1554 which is at the time Thomas Bladgett was alive. Queen Mary reigned 1553-59. 

hi is there pictures of where they lived at the time

Haughley House is an hotel now.  See the link in my reply 5. An internet search for Haughley House might find more pictures.
Cowban

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 21:05 GMT (UK) »
garstonite reply 14. Some of that doesn't make sense. E.g. Marriage to Elizabeth Ainsworth in 3 different years. Children on the list born over 30+ years span, eldest ones supposedly children of Thomas & Elizabeth (Ainsworth) but born 2 or 3 decades before the marriage (depending on which of the 3 marriage years is correct) and born when their alleged mother, Elizabeth Ainsworth was a child herself (aged 2 when the eldest child was born  ;D). To sum up, I wouldn't believe anything on that tree without checking each item and finding a source for it.   

I don't believe ANY tree as 100% correct ...I only posted for it to be read - exactly what you have posted I seen
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford