Author Topic: More Lockdown.........  (Read 4240 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: More Lockdown.........
« Reply #27 on: Monday 04 January 21 18:58 GMT (UK) »

Did I hear that right ?  30 million under 16's do not get the vaccine so the virus will be going round and round for sometime.

Sandra

That's because if they get the virus it isn't so severe. I guess the aim is that if they can vaccinate all older people they will become immune, so it doesn't matter so much. Maybe they will then start vaccinating the younger group. At the moment it is more important to make sure that those at risk are protected.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 04 January 21 19:12 GMT (UK) »
There are some cases coming to light where young children are suffering badly.  One journalist was on TV this morning, suspecting he may have to call an ambulance for his 23 month old daughter.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 04 January 21 19:47 GMT (UK) »
It seems they do on the Isle of Man - you weren't thinking of getting a jet-ski out to escape were
you. ?

Sandra

'Tis true ;D
Sentences range from 2 weeks to 8 weeks, depending on the level of stupidity!
Mr Jet-ski sentenced to 4 weeks, served 2 weeks, and then deported back to UK.
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 04 January 21 20:30 GMT (UK) »
I think Boris has copied Nicola's notes again but it's not clear if the English lockdown is law like that of Scotland.

The glaring loophole in the Scottish announcement earlier today is the exemption for "unlimited exercise".  So for months they've been parking in shop doors to avoid walking 30 feet but tomorrow they will all be training for iron man contests like last time.

If you want to patch up an old bath and fill it with water then it's pointless leaving the plug out.

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 04 January 21 20:50 GMT (UK) »
Again is is too late...... Boris side swiped schools during Christmas break announcing testing to be carried out in secondary schools in UK so left school staff rushing to organise. Now we're out till at least Feb half term and again exams will not take place as we know them. I'm due back in tomorrow to help with key worker and vulnerable students and I'm loosing faith. I am asthmatic and have had no issues with it for the whole year which makes a change. I had to isolate after contact tracing over Christmas ..... no symptoms.....many of us saw this coming but there are some real idiots out there who think they are entitled to do whatever they want. Let's see if they behave and fall into line now.

Ok rant over.

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Glen in Tinsel Kni

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Scottish Borders
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 04 January 21 21:12 GMT (UK) »
At least in Scotland the decision to close schools was made and announced before xmas. Today the announcement said it was unlikely schools up here would reopen mid month as they had hoped.

Boris seems to pick a date then give everyone a few hours to adapt to his latest coin flip decision.

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 04 January 21 21:25 GMT (UK) »
At least in Scotland the decision to close schools was made and announced before xmas. Today the announcement said it was unlikely schools up here would reopen mid month as they had hoped.

Boris seems to pick a date then give everyone a few hours to adapt to his latest coin flip decision.

I agree .... I'm in Milton Keynes and we are really high in cases. 874.4 cases per 100,000.
Our school has 1800 I'd like to see him reschedule a timetable and create online learning at the drop of a hat. I'm a parent of 2 , one is at uni final year so not going back anytime soon and we are paying on his house which he has spent 2 nights in since September. The other lost his year 11 last year....all the milestones....exams....last day of school with mates....prom. So I'm all for educating our kids this will affect their future in so many ways.

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 04 January 21 21:25 GMT (UK) »
I had a text from my lovely granddaughter  tonight home from Uni in Sheffield, she is so sweet I felt like crying, I joked I can't go out to spend my pension, that made her laugh.

We gave up having Christmas and new year together, I assume my  daughter and her family are in my bubble but I think " the bubbles "  can be manipulated as to what  people want to do, so till then we are doing  the right things, my husband has had his first vaccine, I await mine

We must keep positive as hard as it feels tonight, tomorrow is another day, take care and stay safe

Louisa Maud

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Online louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 04 January 21 21:29 GMT (UK) »
Tassie, my daughter is in the same position as you, daughter home from Sheffield and they are paying  for her flat with no date for return, this is her final year, goodness knows how it will all turn out , I  just hope and pray the youngsters don't suffer to much

Louisa Maud
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London