Author Topic: Tipping  (Read 702 times)

Offline danieloftyne

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tipping
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 07:22 GMT (UK) »
The funny thing is on 1901 Scottish census he's 46 and by 1904 when he died he was 66 wow they sure aged quickly in those days  :D :D thank you Radcliff and you carolew much appreciated 
Walton, Jones, Parker, Tipping,Nicholson, morrow,young,arrowsmith,Elliott, Anderson, ring rose, scrimshaw,hogarth,stewart

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 07:47 GMT (UK) »
A lot of Tipping in my tree - I had no idea of Irish Tipping - my John Tipping born Woolton,Liverpool 1771 is my earliest - he had 10 children - so - is Tipping an Irish name - or did English Tipping in the Army decide to stay in Ireland ??   I have no idea ...but my John Tipping came to Garston Liverpool ( 2 miles from Woolton ) and there are still many many Tipping in Garston  :)

ADDED
Looks to be probably a Lancashire name
Marriage: 25 Feb 1695 St Mary the Virgin, Goosnargh, Lancashire, England
John Tipping - Whittingham
Ann Leeming - Whittingham
    Register: Marriages 1683 - 1730, Page 54, Entry 5
    Source: LDS Film 1470930
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline danieloftyne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 08:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi garstonite apparently there was a large influx of English people moving to Ireland in the 1600s and it has been suggested to me by an irishman that tipping is an English name there are quite a few tippings in Northern Ireland 28 families I believe,all roman catholic except for my family who were church of ireland unfortunately most of the Irish records were destroyed in a fire all census gone apart from 1901 and 1911 and three quarters of all church of ireland bmd gone too a total tragedy in my opinion
Walton, Jones, Parker, Tipping,Nicholson, morrow,young,arrowsmith,Elliott, Anderson, ring rose, scrimshaw,hogarth,stewart

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 09:40 GMT (UK) »
so Jackson stayed in Ireland for awhile as he reports the death of his mother,
Charlotte Tipping
aged 80 years
death 25th December 1886
at Derryscollop,
registered Armagh
informant Jackson Tipping, son present at death, of Derryscollop
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline danieloftyne

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 05 January 21 12:17 GMT (UK) »
Yes radcliff thats correct when his father died in 1873 the farm they had was passed to charlotte then to jackson and eventually to his brother james that is when jackson came to newcastle for good james stayed in ireland and ran the farm with his wife until he died in ireland god i wish i could go back in time as an observer can you imagine it