Author Topic: Applied for Army WW2 records ages ago .....how long does it take them?  (Read 1197 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Applied for Army WW2 records ages ago .....how long does it take them?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 12 February 21 23:45 GMT (UK) »
Cards could be out of date or renewed by the time the order comes round too.

Annie

Often though the banks will honour them. I know I panicked when I realised that my car insurance may not have been valid, as the card number they had ran out 6 months earlier. I called them and they said it was fine, the bank had accepted it. This also happened to a friend who didn't want to renew her genealogy site subs and thought it would be fine as the card had run out. It auto renewed though and the money was taken out of the bank.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 13 February 21 01:12 GMT (UK) »
Groom,

The 2 examples you've given were for previously known contacts/use (known to bank) not a new request.

Annie
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline Alandal

• RootsChat Member
  • "We Three Hales"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 13 February 21 09:41 GMT (UK) »
Apologies posted on the wrong topic!

Alandal
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk. Surnames : Buss (Kent), D'Alton (Wimbledon), Millington (Hawarden), Hales (Kent), Mackie (Guernsey), Rabjohns (Devon), Roberts (Norfolk), Roser (Kent), Stevens (Buckinghamshire and Middlesex), Townshend (Norfolk), Weatherburn, Whiddett (Kent), Young (Kent)