Author Topic: Look up request - Matilda Waters b Liverpool d Philadelphia  (Read 1808 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Look up request - Matilda Waters b Liverpool d Philadelphia
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 06 January 21 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Paul,

(For some reason I am unable to attach the images - but if you subscibe to Ancestry you will find each one under the heading of;)

We cannot put attachments on any look up board.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 06 January 21 19:59 GMT (UK) »
It looks likely Eleanor died in childbirth - or from complications afterwards. Robert's birth was formally registered Q/E September 1849 -- so the dates fit for that to be the cause of death.

I haven't been able to find a marriage either - but Irish records can be hit and miss prior to about 1830.

You could do with an Irish expert here who may know whether Antrim Church Records exist somewhere - maybe at PRONI (Public Record Office of Northern Ireland).

Also from the children's baptisms found in Ireland the couple were Church of Ireland and not Roman Catholic.

So sorry I haven't been able to find that marriage for you.

You could try putting the query on the Antrim Board - with John Waters and Ellen Baillie/Bailey marriage help - as a title perhaps. However refer to this thread if you do that by saying you have found George Baillie Waters baptism on (and then copy this thread reference) -- but are unable to track a marriage.

(Just a thought).

(Just seen your message Sandra -- thank you for that info).
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 06 January 21 21:34 GMT (UK) »
Great finds Pennines.  :)

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Pennines

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 07 January 21 12:07 GMT (UK) »
Sandra -- I can only say that I am glad you and I were working on different 'ends' of this query!

Whenever I came to post anything, I would get the dreaded pink notification that another reply had been received -- and it would be from you!

Luckily we were doing different aspects - so it didn't matter, but you are much, much too fast for me young lady!
Places of interest;
Lancashire, West Yorkshire, Southern Ireland, Scotland.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 07 January 21 12:34 GMT (UK) »

Thank you for that compliment. At the opposite end of young I'm afraid.  The fastest bodily function that I have left, is my fingers  :-\ Well up the vaccine list (hopefully)  :)

Sandra