Author Topic: Murray/Malone- Rathcairn/Athboy/Dunboyne area  (Read 588 times)

Offline conneee2

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Murray/Malone- Rathcairn/Athboy/Dunboyne area
« on: Tuesday 05 January 21 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm reaching out to see if anyone one here can help me break through a bit of a brick wall in my own family tree.
My GGG Grandfather was Patrick Murray (b. about 1782, d. 12th Jan 1877, profession Herd). His spouse was Mary Malone (b. about 1803, d. 8th Apr 1873). They were married in Dec 1820 in Dunshaughlin parish, and went on to have nine documented children (in birth order (I think): Mary, James, Margaret, Judith, Bridget, John, Catherine, Anne & Ellen. These children went on to settle in Kilbride parish, in the townlands of Moymet, Tullaghanstown, Phillinstown, and also in Athboy parish in Rathcairn & Castletown.

I have three questions:
(1) Are there any long lost cousins out there?!!!!

(2) My grandfather always held that the Murray family originally hailed from the Dunboyne area. My theory is that as Patrick Murray was a herdsman in Rathcairn for the Maher/Meagher family (Thomas, JJ, who were from the Clonsilla area), that it's possible he may have been originally from the Clonsilla/Dunboyne area and moved to Rathcairn for employment purposes. But this is just a theory. If there are any Dunboyne Murrays out there who have any information on any links between the Murray family & the famous livestock breeding family of Maher, please shout! 

(3) I cannot find baptismal records for the first three children of Patrick & Mary Malone's marriage. (The latter six children were all baptized in the RC church in Athboy). This is a little frustraing to me as one of these children, James is my GG grandfather. I have hunted high and low through what I believe are all the available online resources. Can anyone offer any "outside the box" takes on where else I could possibly search other than RootsIreland, NLI Parish registers etc?

Thanks for your time and any help forthcoming.