Author Topic: Diary > Tuesday 5th January  (Read 811 times)

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Diary > Tuesday 5th January
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 06 January 21 15:14 GMT (UK) »
Well Roobarb,  I said the obey bit but at the back of my mind I thought “ up to a point!”
Fortunately my OH was pretty easy going , and reasonable so no great deal really.
Just got back from a very limited walk, so many shady areas on the cemetery paths were still icy as is the footpath - outside my home - to the Cemetery .
Saw a quiet little  Border Terrier , a Schnauzer Poodle mix and a ShiTzu poodle mix .
Some girls on a bench, exchanged greetings and they were in their ALevel year but were finding online teaching very unsatisfactory ,as teacher goes off line so no questions or explanations .
A little bird was feeding when I returned as I went in the back door ,to take boots off , It flew off sadly ,but will be back I hope .
Just had a warming drink.
Off to close bedroom window ,make the bed and have that bath, but a thought ,
I fancy Toad in the Hole for tea, so will do the batter now ,lots of onions( onion gravymmmmm) and frozen peas,.

Cheerio, “ speak “to you  later, Viktoria.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 06 January 21 15:49 GMT (UK) »
I said "obey" what an idiot!!, no only joking, not sure whether the marriage service had been changed in a big way then but I do recall the conversation with the vicar at the time and I agreed  to say " obey" , never had to obey , it isn't the dark ages

1911 census I do recall woman called herself  "husband's  slave"

LM
Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 January 21 16:38 GMT (UK) »
I did discuss  that with the Vicar who was to marry us, he said thst a reasonable husband would not ask his wife to do something she really did not want to do, !
Weeeeeell do you think I obeyed when he said he did not like fish!
He loved home made fish pie eventually ,and fish and chips ,fish goujons etc.
He said he did not like Christmas cake as his mother never made anything like that ,well a few mince pies and he’ d have one or two.

So why did I make eight dozen at Christmas?O.K. Gave some away as daughters in law not bakers , etc .and who ate a lot if Christmas cake?
I was mean , every year I’d say,” !”I will only make a few as you don’t care for them do you !”
“ Do as you please “—— he never gave you the satisfaction ,but his mother never praised , so it was now he was too, but really he would tell others ,and when he had fractured his wrist and the ball joint to his left shoulder ,his arm, he was pretty helpless ,so needed personal care .He thanked me but it was my friend who said he had been in tears when he told her how good I had been to him,as if I wouldn’t have!!
Did not find it easy to tell me, but knew she would tell me.
Ooooh I’d have him back,I can’t manage the Telegraph crossword,cryptic one, without him.
Well a cuppa and hope Tesco come sooner rather than later.
Cheerio, Viktoria.